Good book

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Garry R

Good book

Post by Garry R »

I currently have this in my entourage and it is a good read. It is a good history of early National 12's but also shows some good photos of the Rocket class and how it came into being.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/When-DINGHIES-Del ... 53e0b668e7
Ancient Geek

Re: Good book

Post by Ancient Geek »

And it's got pictures of the 3 point mainsheet system and a little rationale by "Doc" as to why he adopted it! I value my autographed copies his history of The National 12's is quite the best of its type but then I do not know enough about 12's to spot the errors unlike the Merlin Rocket Book.
Simples.
jon711

Post by jon711 »

It's one of those books, that all classic boat owners should own. The stories of the races, and the times (although before my time - I hasten to add!!), make every reader wish for sailing in earlier years..

If Nessa doesn't own a copy, could be a good read while recuperating..

Jon
MartinH

Post by MartinH »

My father had a copy of this, and as he never throws away books it must be somewhere around in my parents' house. I remember reading it in the early 70s, fairly soon after I learnt to sail. And what a far cry it was from mucking about in Mirrors and Coypus.
Martin
Grad 2146 FOR SALE