Walker "Tideway" pulling dinghy

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
corkman

Walker "Tideway" pulling dinghy

Post by corkman »

I have a Walker "Tideway" dinghy - the pulling version; ie no centreboard box or foredeck but the same hull shape as the Tideway dinghy.
It is varnished both out and in. The inside is largely original but the outside was stripped back to bare and varnished with Schooner a few years ago. Apart from some frost damage (lifting the varnish) at the stem it is still in reasonable condition.
The floorboards were painted with grey Danboline. There are a few broken ribs which have been "doubled".
It has oars and rowlocks.
It's on a trailer which had new suspension units a few years ago. The wheels/tyres are also roadworthy; however the frame is not. The tow hitch has rusted away from the main bar but I'm sure could easily be fixed by a competent hoem welder.

Before I put it on "Fleebay", if there is anyone out there who would like to have it for free (or if you think it's worth it - a small domation to the RNLI) then please give me a call (01224 745491). Only problem is that the boat is in Aberdeen.
Even Brooksey won't be prepared to travel that far even for something for nothing!!!
This offer extends through 14th November then it's on to Ebay!

Craig :D
Brookesy

Re: Walker "Tideway" pulling dinghy

Post by Brookesy »

You are quite right Craig, although your Devoti Finn would tempt me on a deal like this........ :mrgreen:
GBR74 ex custodian of
GBR384 Mickey Finnale (Taylor,wood)
GBR455 Rubber Duck (Taylor, grp)
FD GBR350 Supercalifragalisticexpialidocious
corkman

Post by corkman »

Good try, Brooksey. Even I'm not that generous !!

However, the Finn has a double trailer so if I do get to sell it and deliver it to the South, I could POSSIBLY put thr Walker on top. Might anyone be interested for a small contribution to my fuel??

Bear in mind, there are a lot of ifs and buts; however if you might be interested please let me know sooner rather than later.

Thanks, Craig :roll:
corkman

Post by corkman »

Attached is link to photos on windows live. Hope it works.
https://cid-9eccd6da473eb54e.photos.liv ... %20012.jpg