Seagull outboard 'new' and unused and mirror kit

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
billytwiglet

Seagull outboard 'new' and unused and mirror kit

Post by billytwiglet »

Seagull outboard for sale, never used; still has original cardboard wrapping round the tank and has not been started since it left the factory in 1974!!

If you are interested (sensible offers) let me know and I'll send some pics or you can come and view (Sidcup, Kent)

I've got a complete mirror kit from the same date if anyone's interested.
Merlin 36
Merlin 220
Merlin Rocket 3137
Finn K95
Ed
Site Admin

Re: Seagull outboard 'new' and unused and mirror kit

Post by Ed »

not interested myself....but have a friend who may be...

can you tell me more about the Seagull....

what model etc

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
Graham T

Post by Graham T »

I may well be interested in the mirror kit if the price is right - I would like the kids to get a chance to build their own boat as I did when I was a child.... of course it would mean another expansion to the winter storage problem!

I will send you a p.m with my e-mail address

Graham
Graham T
Osprey 1340, Osprey 1245, Osprey 55, Miracle 1358, Laser heap, ancient Mirror kit half assembled, Project Miracle in need of decks........
Kielder Water Sailing Club
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

billytwiglet wrote:Seagull outboard for sale, never used; still has original cardboard wrapping round the tank and has not been started since it left the factory in 1974!!

If you are interested (sensible offers) let me know and I'll send some pics or you can come and view (Sidcup, Kent)
Assume this is the short shaft version.

I love the look of Seagull engines and I am certainly interested. I would rather like one for my Clinker cruiser dinghy. Can you send me a few pics? (I will PM you.)

Any guidance on price is helpfull to. I know there are forums on this kind of thing as well!
Michael Brigg
GAVinT

Post by GAVinT »

Is it the recoil internal springed type, as I used to find the cord pull and manually rewind affair a real bind when I had a Seagull 5, on my old Vivacity cruiser, usually when it was needed in a tight corner,.
That said I was given a Seagull 40 with my first Solo that had only initially been used as a Thames launch motive power unit, and later I aquired another, with another boat/but all three got snapped individually up by enthusiast folk that seemingly were quite willing to travel many miles (Cornwall via his mate from Southend)to aquire reasonably priced Seagulls. Some swear by them I tend to swear at them.Well before financial rembursements anyway.
jpa_wfsc

Post by jpa_wfsc »

I recall a furled sails podcast about a chap in Kent who was restoring and selling segulls http://furledsails.com/article.php3?article=713

- just looked him up he is on the internet:

http://www.saving-old-seagulls.co.uk/it ... r_sale.htm

Anyone who buys that segull will probably need to increase their insurance cover.... unused! 1973!! Segull lovers will be flocking to you.
j./

National 12 "Spider" 2523
Finn K468 'Captain Scarlet'

British Moth, 630, early 60's 'Pisces'

!!!! Not CVRDA !!!!
Comet Trio - something always ready to sail.
Silverfox

Post by Silverfox »

Hi,

Is the seagull still for sale? if so how much do you want fro it.

John
Gull mark1. 1066 & 1186
billytwiglet

Post by billytwiglet »

Hi again

The seagull is a Forty Featherweight short shaft, made in January 1975.
These produce an optimistic 1-2 hp, but bear in mind that this is real hp, and was derived from the torque output 45 ft-lbs measured at the output shaft (not engine power). They pull well for their size, easy to handle and start first time when warm and after a couple of pulls when cold, providing they are well maintained.

serial number; F1013AA5

The seagull experts sell overhauled motors for £300-350. This one has never been used but I would advise a complete strip, clean and rebuild prior to use and a conversion to 25:1 mixture (parts £6.00ish) as the 10:1 mix is a bit fruity to say the least and might upset the Commodore if you leave a trail away from the clubhouse jetty!

I will give her a clean-up in a couple of days and have some pictures available. Make me an offer - there has been quite a bit of interest but most important she goes to a good home.
Merlin 36
Merlin 220
Merlin Rocket 3137
Finn K95
Silverfox

Post by Silverfox »

Hi,
I have sent you a pm with an offer.

John
Gull mark1. 1066 & 1186
Silverfox

Post by Silverfox »

Hi,

Sent another PM to you regarding Seagull outboard.

John
Gull mark1. 1066 & 1186