Blocks etc

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
JB9

Blocks etc

Post by JB9 »

I have sorted out some boxes and will be listing some items on ebay but before doing so thought I would offer them here.

A selection of blocks, a mainsheet jammer, kicker strut, etc. PM me if interested please.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1138 ... 8121170289
Harrier 25
505 7163
roger

Re: Blocks etc

Post by roger »

Hi Trevor,

I am after a ratchet block. Is the block on the bottom right of the bottom right one? If so what is your price?

Roger
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
JB9

Post by JB9 »

No, its not.
Harrier 25
505 7163
LASERTOURIST

Post by LASERTOURIST »

The big ERMAT block is indeed a ratchet block, of the semi automatic kind that goes ratcheting under tension....except that this (and an earlier model with ali flanges stainless steel cage and bronze ratchet, a electrolytic nightmare) never ever worked properly ...so it is better described as a non ratcheting block

The french hardware maker ERMAT went bust some ten or twenty years ago....their range of products was of the "budget" kind , just like the basic holt blocks recently merged with Nautos of Brazil.

The semi automatic kind of block that goes ratcheting under tension was also tried by Holt (remember the original factory fitting for the L 4000 genniker sheets ?) and it was just as bad and stopped working after just a few month's use....

Laser was not daft enough to go for all out Holt : the main sheet blocks was Harken...
chris

Post by chris »

I would be interested in the 3 tufnol blocks ( for my vintage 14 restoration)
How much?