Free Enterprise Booms

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
SingTheNightSong

Re: Free Enterprise Booms

Post by SingTheNightSong »

Roger; thank you for the offer

i come originally from near Eastbourne - so the situation gets more complicated : "Men of Kent" and "Men of Sussex" don't get on either!!

17.50 for Parcel Monkey to collect and deliver

since i would like to use that boom on E110 which is nearly ready to take sailing - i need to get it here asap - if it IS still available i'd like the Boom that is original - which hasn't been "messed with"

then i can concentrate on E8539 (at the moment stripping the fourteen coats of paint!!) and get that finished and sold before i begin the Merlin's (incidentally is there any reason why an Enterprise must be painted, can't be varnished - or is there a rule somewhere in the Ent book??)
Merlin3241

Post by Merlin3241 »

Hi Sing the Night Song. Both still available, take your pick. I've some stout cardboard tubes about 6" diameter that would give the boom some protection.. I'll pop you a mail with the packed sizes and weight so you can firm up the courier quote.
Cheers
roger

Post by roger »

I was just going to say I have the Merlin boom which does need a little bit of work so you need Merlins one.

Cheers
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
roger

Post by roger »

No reason why Ents shouldn't be varnished but as they are made of ply it doesn't always look that good. The only ply boat that I know that looks really good is my Hornet Shoestring and she has a very unusual ply with a lovely veneer that is probably mahogany but looks like walnut.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
SingTheNightSong

sorry for the delayed reply - i've had a dose of "the Lergy" since New Year!!

thanks Rodger - so its only cosmetics not rules for Ent's - ok :: for the boom i'll take your advice and go for Merlins one

so it's 9ft long x 6in round, Merlin - all i need is a firm figure for the Weight with your address and contact phone no and when you'll be in and i'll arrange the pick-up
(if you've already sent the info to hotmail - it's probably gone into "junk" - so could you please resend and i'll watch for it) - ok??
peter, with Thanks and Apologies
Merlin3241

Post by Merlin3241 »

Peter
Apologies, haven't got around to it yet. I'll try and get the boom packed / weighed at the weekend.
Cheers
SingTheNightSong

No worries Merlin - whenever!!
peter
SingTheNightSong

how are we doing with the boom please, Merlin?? -
peter