Minisail slightly odd .....or maybe not?

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
ent228

Minisail slightly odd .....or maybe not?

Post by ent228 »

This minisail on the bay.

Owner says it has a sliding seat but I can see how and other bits look odd unless it is just a trick of the light.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Minisail-sail ... 3aabb7a43c
trebor

Re: Minisail slightly odd .....or maybe not?

Post by trebor »

The sliding seat clamps to edge, here is a video of Rupert and Tom fitting one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf13fWkdgAk
Robert
Minisprint 4230
Tinker Traveller 160
Mirror 61147 Anastasia
http://www.aquabatdinghy.co.uk
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Looks fairly normal to me, which, being a Minisail, may mean slightly odd...
Rupert
GAv

Post by GAv »

I previously owned a Sprint 2 with the self draining transom and moulded supports for the sliding seat.

The one still in the back garden is a Shallow hull and bereft of the screw in plastic supports or channels for said, for the seat(not also present)

That one on Fleabay is a bit confusing due to the black triangle making for something of an optical illusion, and looks to me for all the world like a stock Monaco hulled Minisail, I had one of them too.

However it seems Trebor has evidence of a difference sort of adaption for a sliding seat(neat)

Incidentally if anyone is looking for a project my 1968 wooden Minisail "sandpiper" more relevant mudplugger, is sitting in the front garden.

Unfortunately I got a couple of holes from cut down garden shrubbery, believe it or not,after selling some Firefly bits, including the cover, and we moved the Minisail from atop the Firefly, to let the buyer take it.

When I looked out of the window it was sitting on the remnants of a bush, and there was something sticking up through the transom, and so that was triffid attack, was hastily repaired.
As was some water ingression under the bow,somewhat crudely admittedly having dried it out, with lashings of fibreglass tape and epoxy resin which was good enough for my useage, I reckoned.

Also stupid me when deciding the whole Firefly too far gone,after two years in the front , would be(and has been)scrapped.
Then to add insult to injury, I tried prising the remnants of the dinghy apart having removed the centre board casing and centre spine,using the Minisail bottom mast, which promptly buckled it.

Anyway it still has a very decent almost new sail, top half of mast, there is a solid looking bottom bit from the Minisprint, which I might try sawing the end to see if it is a billet or hollow,a boom, excellent rudder tiller etc.
Open to any reasonable offers as I have lost interest since getting the Lightning and someone might well be better motivated to get it back to its former glory, and be more compact than me to sail her.
LASERTOURIST

Post by LASERTOURIST »

What is the differenc between a minisail and a minisprint ?
Could a minisailbe converted into a minisprit by bolting a retrofit kit (sliding seat)...
tHANKS FOR THE INFORMATION;;
RonnyDG

Post by RonnyDG »

They all are members of the Minisail family. A Minisprint for example is a Minisail Sprint.
On the Minisail website there is a page explaining the various variants. Minisail examples

Retrofitting a sliding seat to any Minisail hull is possible (except for a Minisail Sprint II, there the seat is an integral part of the hull setup).
Incidently I recently made a sliding seat for a Monaco: Making a Minisail sliding seat Result -> A Minisail Monaco with a sliding seat.
Greetings,
Ronny