Heron 17 - fully original, one owner, great condition

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Pat

Heron 17 - fully original, one owner, great condition

Post by Pat »

A new home is sought for Heron number 17 "Imaida" which was built by the current elderly owner from a Jack Holt kit in 1952. It has been well maintained and dry stored, untouched for at least 15 years. It is gaff rigged with wooden spars and fully original, right down to the trailer with an unusual sliding cradle mechanism. A lovely little boat which needs a new caring owner, it could do with a coat of paint and re-varnishing but is in good condition with no major work needed.
The trailer also dates from about 1952 and needs at least new wheel bearings before it could be towed and the wheels are not the usual hub type but fit more like trolley wheels on the axle.
I'll add some more pictures later as we're going to meet the owner at Shearwater today and rig it up as it is local (Warminster, Wiltshire). If anyone is interested please pm me or email the web site option at http://www.cvrda.org/wp-cvrda/contact-us/ and we could possibly help with delivery (on a modern trailer!)
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
jules22

Re: Heron 17 - fully original, one owner, great condition

Post by jules22 »

Hello, I am interested, did you take any pictures when you went to rig ?. Cheers. J
Pat

Post by Pat »

Yes and a club member took it for a short sail. I'll add pictures when I'm on my home pc again.
Pat

Post by Pat »

I've finally got the pictures off the camera and on to a gallery on Flickr (click to view)
The elderly gentleman standing at the bow of the boat is the owner/builder now in his eighties but pleased to see his boat sailing again.
It is currently dry stored in our Albacore's winter storage space so I would like to find it a good home for a small price.
Email me if interested.

Pat
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Heron 17 sounds like an 80s pop group, and really should be called Temptation...

Sorry, foggy here, not going sailing till later, brain does funny things.
Rupert
realnutter

Post by realnutter »

Don't give up the day job, Rupert!
Matt

Int Moth K2992
Pat

Post by Pat »

Imaida is now safely re-homed with Jules and we hope to see her on the water soon.
Enjoy!