Flying Dutchman for sale

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Roger J Holman

Flying Dutchman for sale

Post by Roger J Holman »

I have for sale an almost immaculate Flying Dutchman hull. It was restored about two years ago, and has not been near the water since.
When rebuilt, only the very best materials were used; the whole boat was dismantled, cleaned, dried, reassembled, repainted and revarnished using Epiphanes Polyurethane finishes.

The boat comes with a lot of period deck gear, not fitted, on the basis that whoever has it will wish to complete the fit out to their own tastes and requirements. There are two masts, both of which require work, two booms, a suit of somewhat baggy sails, rudder and centreboard require finishing.

The hull, however, is beautiful. All longitudinal timbers have been removed and re-glued in place, all deck beams have been taken apart, re-glued and re-assembled before being put back in place in the boat. All decks have been replaced with new top quality ply, epoxied both sides before fitting. All deck edges and margins are picked out with ash, as were the originals. A pair of Plastimo tactical compasses are fitted. The boat is on a road trailer, fitted with a cradle.

The boat was built by Schooneveldt in the Netherlands, the builders plate is still in place. There are carvings on the hog which give a hull number of 180, and a year of build of 1967. There are also initials carved which are probably the initials of the specific builder.

The boat carries the name 'Kaewa', being the name which was on one of the transom doors, those doors are still with the boat,although new doors are ready to fit.

Money is not an issue. I purchased Kaewa when I needed to retain my sanity, and she was destined for the bonfire, and she was too beautiful for that. She helped save my sanity, and is now ready for a new home. She has to go; storage is a problem, and I already have a classic dinghy, Jollyboat, and cannot justify, or afford, another. Please, will somebody take this beautiful boat and use her again, she has been threatened with the bonfire again, and that would break my heart.

I can be contacted on 07702 136134, or rogerholman327@btinternet.com or rogeholman@gmail.com Kaewa is currently sitting in a field in Cornwall, patiently awaiting a new home.

Help!
JB9

Re: Flying Dutchman for sale

Post by JB9 »

Hi Roger,I have emailed.
Harrier 25
505 7163
Roger J Holman

Re: Flying Dutchman for sale

Post by Roger J Holman »

The boat has now sold. I think she has gone to a good home; the guy who bought her said "I have owned lots of boats over the years, but never one as beautiful as this", so, I am hopeful that she has gone to someone who will cherish her.

Thanks for the interest that you have shown, all those who did show interest.