Firefly 2103 Scallywag

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
slimtim

Firefly 2103 Scallywag

Post by slimtim »

After a couple of years of great fun racing Scallywag on the river at Teddington, I have decided that she needs to go to a new home.

She is an original MK1 layout and is complete with a turning Reynolds mast in very good condition. When I recommissioned her I revarnished the decks and inside,replaced the original steel centreboard with an aluminium one (I may still be able to find the original if anyone really wants it......), replaced the main halyard, created a kicking strap and cunningham. I also bought a set of Hyde sails which although not new have served us well. The original spoon rudder is still in place.

We have raced Scallywag and won the Tamesis Firefly Chalice, placed in the summer evening series, placed third at the club's Firefly open this year, on all occasions beating newer or significantly modernised boats.

Scallywag came to me with a red hull and I left that paintwork as is - I think it was originally applied in the 1960s (or maybe earlier) so it isn't perfect but the finish is quite slippery!

The boat and the mast have always been stored under cover in the dry, and she also has a vgc Banks cover. I have the original measurement certificate.

The reason for sale is that my youngest son is now large enough to crew my vintage Merlin and so Scallywag has been almost unused this year.

The only 'missing' is that Scallywag is currently sitting on a combi trailer which is not included in the price. I can include a rudimentary trolley and also a proper Sovereign-style (three legs) Firefly cradle which you can fit to your own trolley.

The price is £325 and I can help with delivery within 50 miles of KT1.