Merlin Rocket 252

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Garry R

Merlin Rocket 252

Post by Garry R »

After much reflection I have had to admit to myself that I won't sail again and it's time to sell both my Merlins.

First is Merlin 252 - Gannet - the oldest surviving Rocket design by Proctor and built by Wyche and Coppock in 1951. She is a solid mahogany ribbed boat which I restored in about 2003 and she was a regular feature on the CVRDA circuit and Nationals until about 2013. She was sailed a little then dry stored after I developed an eye problem. She comes with a set of Mike Macnamara sails in cream made specially for the boat, These sail well with the alloy mast and there is a set of cotton sails to go with the wooden mast (courtesy of Chris Barlow) on the calmer days and for originality. The boat has a custom made cover and sits on a good combi trailer. She is a real head turner and I will be sad to see her go.

Not looking for a fortune and think £475 would be a fair price for all you get in this package. More important is that the new owner will sail and look after her.

Mail me if interested or visit - I am in Somerset near Cheddar if you want to view.

I am going to list my 1947 Merlin design Secret Water No 111 later.