Interesting Proctor dinghy on Ebay - unknown type

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Norfolk Heron

Interesting Proctor dinghy on Ebay - unknown type

Post by Norfolk Heron »

I have spotted an interesting Proctor (wooden) dinghy on ebay - looks like the hull only but in fair condition - bit like a small Osprey - might be one of the (I think there were some ) few Kestrels in wood. have a look and let us know ? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/classic-sail ... SwOzleEhw-
PeterV

Re: Interesting Proctor dinghy on Ebay - unknown type

Post by PeterV »

No idea, looks a nice boat though.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
azimuth

Post by azimuth »

It’s a zenith.... there’s another thread about it somewhere as it was also on eBay a couple of months back...
Keith.

Finn K60 'Sfinnx' Fairey
Zenith 74 'Azimuth' (rescued from the undergrowth 20yrs ago)
Zenith 61 'Bali Hai'... A family heirloom...
Norfolk Heron

Post by Norfolk Heron »

Having looked at it in more detail I am sure that both of you are right and its a Zenith - from the photos and a query to the seller it appears to have both the sails, rudder and a mast and boom - probably usable. The rest of the boat looks surprisingly good from what can be seen and it looks like a really nice boat for £180 if someone wanted it and could use her - such a pity to see a boat of that quality probably more or less abandoned - perhaps someone will rescue her (there cant be more than 100 functioning ones in the country I suppose?)