wanted mast to fit national 12

Post your requirements here
chopperado

wanted mast to fit national 12

Post by chopperado »

Went to dinghy park tosay to find my N12 upside down with snapped mast. Has anayone got one my boat is 2905 subversion
Pat

Re: wanted mast to fit national 12

Post by Pat »

And I expect the small print in the insurance says boats must be securely tied down as it's their get out clause for this type of accident. I see so many boats in dinghy parks that are not tied down and try not to park next to them in case they damage my boat when they blow over. Too many people just lock the trolley to something but it doesn't stop the boat blowing off the trolley. We had a Laser Stratos blown over at Cheddar and they're the size and weight of a Wayfarer so it can happen to any type of boat!
Obscured by clouds

Post by Obscured by clouds »

I've spent the last couple of days re-righting several catamarans which their numpty owners have left, rig up and inadequately secured. At least take the b********* rigs off.

I had to move both the Finn and the Merlin to safer locations. a Dart 18 mast coming down at a rate of knots would have written off either of them.

as John can testify the compound is open to winds from south all the way round to north west and we got 60mph gusts here this week - a fact that the numpty cat owners have failed to see.
Tony

MR 2404 Julia Dream
N18 276 Sibrwd [ongoing project]
Hirondelle catamaran Kalipse
[down to 3!]
chopperado

Post by chopperado »

Funny enough it was tied down wind ripped fixing out however shroud snapped then the wind did its worst. So I'm in need of a mast who can help must be hundreds of them knocking around
angus

Post by angus »

I have a proctor D section which you are welcome to for a pint or two but you would probably require something a bit more modern. There is also the problem of getting it south.
N2153, N2969, Merlin Rocket 3484, Mini Sprint
Sticky Fingers

Post by Sticky Fingers »

Hi I have a kappa section only problem is is is bent not too badly but it could be straightened. You are welcome to it for free. It was given to me for nothing. Needs running rigging though. Lincolnshire.
chopperado

Post by chopperado »

Has anyone got a mast in essex area or near or anywhere lol desprate