Is it one of Uffa's "clinker classics"

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Michael Brigg

Is it one of Uffa's "clinker classics"

Post by Michael Brigg »

This is on Boatshed and has now been sold but they were offering a bottle of bubbly to anyone who could identify the make...

http://www.boatshed.com/14_feet_clinker ... 12110.html

(You need to be registered on the boatshed site to be able to view the additional pictures but it's a trouble free site and Ive never had any spam from them. They show a hull with quarter decking and a king post under the foredeck. The plate case is extended forward and the bow has a rounded stem leading to a vertical entry. (Quite like a clinker version of a fairey Falcon)

Certainly has an Uffa style to the forward extension of the centreplate case to lend support to the King post, but a Fairey style of centreplate makes me wonder if this was a late addition to an ordinary clinker hull 'cos so far as I was aware Uffa didn't do any round stemmed clinker dinghies after WW2 which was when he got into production with Fairey's

Perhaps the decking on this is also a later addition.

Shame about the white paint but that makes me suspect a naval input, and its origin being cornish makes me wonder about a modified RNSA dinghy that might have escaped the Dartmouth naval college Armageddon.

Any thoughts?
Michael Brigg