Jenny Brushes on eBay

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
neil
Site Admin

Jenny Brushes on eBay

Post by neil »

Here's one to keep an eye on.

I was searching eBay for Jenny Brushes a few days ago and there were to usual boxes of 48 for about £20 + postage - still works out half the price of a chandlers.

Did a search for foam brushes and came up with this seller http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/xtraspaceuk - search his previous transactions.

He was selling a box of 48 2" foam brushes with 5 free 3" brushes on a Buy It Now for £10 inc postage. So I ordered a box, expected them to be cheap and cheerful but OK for undercoat, but they turned out to be genuine Jenny Brushes. I ordered another box today - should keep me going as long as they live in a mouse proof box. Over 100 Jenny Brushes for £20. Can't beat that.

So...add him to your watched sellers list and buy some.
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
jpa_wfsc

Re: Jenny Brushes on eBay

Post by jpa_wfsc »

I'm ignorant - what is a Jenny Brush? OK - I see from the seller they are foam tiped brushes - are they better than bristle and for what? I've never seen them before...

j./
j./

National 12 "Spider" 2523
Finn K468 'Captain Scarlet'

British Moth, 630, early 60's 'Pisces'

!!!! Not CVRDA !!!!
Comet Trio - something always ready to sail.
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

they are foam brushes, the jenny brush is a denser foam than the cheaper ones and I've got decent results from using them. If used with a roller they get great results if used to tip off. Used them for epoxy, undercoat, top coat, varnish, single pot and twin pack. The Jenny brushes don't disolve in twin pack, unlike some of the cheap foam brushes.

They are the only thing I use now, the down side is they are disposable so you need to have a few at hand - hence the working out at 20p each is a good deal as you'll pay over a quid for one at a swindlery
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

Dare I suggest you have a look at the stuff I wrote a while ago about varnishing using the 'roll and tip' method.....

look under Boats>Hints and Tips>

or google 'idiots guide to varnishing'

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
Graham T

Post by Graham T »

He also has foam rollers that don't dissolve in 2 pack - 4" x 24 for a tenner including postage. Very good product and much cheaper than chandleries. He responds very promptly to questions and is very easy to deal with....
Graham T
Osprey 1340, Osprey 1245, Osprey 55, Miracle 1358, Laser heap, ancient Mirror kit half assembled, Project Miracle in need of decks........
Kielder Water Sailing Club
STEVEB

Post by STEVEB »

Totally agree, I bought a box each of 1 inch and 2 inch brushes!
Steve :wink:
STEVE
Mermaid 137
Laser 41420
Streaker 1331