PETRE MILNES SKIPPER 14

an area to discuss dinghy developments
MartinH

Re: PETRE MILNES SKIPPER 14

Post by MartinH »

Yesterday at Plymouth I was watching a Skipper 14 (though it might have been a 12) beating up the Cattewater and coping very well with the conditions. Most of the other dinghies were struggling a bit to stay flat and the Skipper sailed serenely by to show that life doesn't have to be fight against the elements.

That said I think in lighter winds the best use for a Skipper is to to fill her with water and use her as a child's paddling pool :D
Martin
Grad 2146 FOR SALE
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi
That was proberbly my 78 year old uncle in his 12 ft Skipper great boat for the older gent. Interestingly when my daughter and I were sailing my NACRA cat couple of years ago we came across my cousin and uncle sailing said Skipper with my cousins twelve year old son on Plymouth Sound. After several high speed passes my cousins son begged to have go on the Nacra we took him on board and his first words were thank heavens he was on a quick boat as he had seen some friends from school sailing a 420 and had been hiding bellow the gunnel of the skipper as it had in the eyes of a twelve year old"no street cred". However once on the Nacra he insisted that we do a couple of passes of the 420 with him helming. Image to the young is everything enough said and each to his own.
Cheers Al Finn424 etc.
MartinH

Post by MartinH »

alan williams wrote:Hi
That was proberbly my 78 year old uncle in his 12 ft Skipper great boat for the older gent.
If your uncle's boat is of the yellow variety it was him.
Martin
Grad 2146 FOR SALE
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Martin
Yes my uncles boat is one of the yellow ones.
Regards Alan
davidh

Post by davidh »

just like buses - you don't see one for ages then....

A Skipper was seen sailing very nicely in Studland Bay at the weekend!

D
David H
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Something new.... A skipper 12 with what looks to be a tarpaulin masquerading as a balance lugsail :shock: .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12-Foot-Skipper-D ... 7C294%3A50