Taylor Finn K478 for sale

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
AndyFinn478

Taylor Finn K478 for sale

Post by AndyFinn478 »

Hi, after much thought I am selling my Taylor Finn. Boat at Weirwood in Sussex. It is in good order for age, 4 North TB3 sails, 2 not too bad and 2 need new headboard. Needlespar rig and boom. Some new lines, replaced shock cord in boom, that was a fun job, and mast step repaired. Re-bedded self bailers which was the cause of my leak, and all ready to go really.

Trailer/launch combo included. One good canvas cover and one very old which I use over the newer one to keep the green off as it is kept under trees.

Looking for around £800 ovno. Could be sorted for Roadford is you are quick. I was holing to go myself but now looking to buy a small cruiser for the family.

Reply on here, call me on 07711 524495 or email me on andy102963@hotmail.co.uk

Rgds,

Andy
jpa_wfsc

Re: Taylor Finn K478 for sale

Post by jpa_wfsc »

Hope that goes well. Quick double take there then I realised yours is 478 - mine is 468. My Taylor, though tired and very old looking, is pleasant to sail if hard work like all Finns are - and I wont be selling it for some time!

What shockcord is in the boom - as mine has none. Maybe it should - is it to return the clew inboard? On mine that shockcord is on the outside, as is the kicking strap return. Has yours got a curved or straight traveler track?

Also was the self bailer leak into the tank or into the cockpit? My taylor has a very slow leak into the tank somewhere but I can not find where!

Regards;
j./

National 12 "Spider" 2523
Finn K468 'Captain Scarlet'

British Moth, 630, early 60's 'Pisces'

!!!! Not CVRDA !!!!
Comet Trio - something always ready to sail.
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi
The shock cord mentioned is known as a JC strap. It is heavy duty runs from the centre of the boom to a block on the bow then back to the other side of the boom. It's purpose is to hold the boom out on a run when the boat is heeled to windward when running down wind. Sorry misread posting shockcord in boom is proberbly to pull the clew in when outhaul is released this can be done externally very easily.
Cheers Al Taylor Finn 424
AndyFinn478

Post by AndyFinn478 »

Hi, The shock cord I refer to in my ad is the one inside the boom to return the clew outhaul when released. It is as per the tech drawings in the Finn guide. The knots coem out under the boom and act as a very handy bumber when sheeted in hard.

Rgds,

Andy
AndyFinn478

Post by AndyFinn478 »

Now sold to a good home :)