Tullett Prebon. What........, Where, on earth's that??

Beer, food and discussions on PYs
Michael Brigg

Tullett Prebon. What........, Where, on earth's that??

Post by Michael Brigg »

http://londonboatshow.com/2011/home.aspx

Anyone going? Anything important to feed back on?

I was thinking about the friday or saturday, although to be honest look at the format looks like it's mostly a trade fair. But it might be a bit of fun and a good excuse to get up to London for a bit of surrepticious shopping/spending of Christmas money.

I'd quite like to see what the Classic boat stand are saying about Clinker maintenance and repair in the light of recent discussion also.
Michael Brigg
davidh

Re: Tullett Prebon. What........, Where, on earth's that??

Post by davidh »

Good afternoon Michael,

I'd thought about going up but instead need to head down to the darkness of the world beyond Salisbury (I'm informed that I'm heading for CUBA...Counties that used to be Avon). I'm not sure what shots I need for a trip like this but I'm worried that Roger might comment, do I need an innoculation against Black Tongue? Instead, I think I'll try to make either the Bloody Mary (just a spectator) or will keep my powder dry for the far more interesting trip to the Dinghy Show in March!

MInd you, I do need to catch up with you - a favour to ask! Can you help me get an interview with Flavia Nunes?
It will be good to catch up - how is work progressing on Blue Moon?

HNY

D
David H
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

I'm thinking about going on the Sunday, since I will also be down that way after a spell of idiocy compelled me to enter the Bloody Mary. If I do go it will only be because someone told me how to get discount tickets with my tesco vouchers...
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Pat

Post by Pat »

It really doesn't interest us at all this year - I haven't seen anything to spark enthusiasm whatever, which is probably pretty bad for the show if many others feel the same.
Anyway Tesco vouchers are much more worthwhile when used for Eurotunnel crossings :D
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I'll be at the Bloody Mary, but I've not been to the boat show since I was a kid. Maybe next year I'll take the children down for a gawp. Are you allowed on the very expensive toys?
Rupert
roger

Post by roger »

Rupert wrote:I'll be at the Bloody Mary, but I've not been to the boat show since I was a kid. Maybe next year I'll take the children down for a gawp. Are you allowed on the very expensive toys?
Rupert, have a chat with Pierre on Y&Y. He used to make a game of trying to get free champers and chatting up the girlies on the sunseekers(am I allowed to say that here?). The trick apparently is to look affluent.

oh and having a small boy in tow may cramp your style with the girlies. :shock:

ps are you sailing at the BM?
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353