Accomadation at Clywedog

Chat about CVRDA events
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

As you know Keith has indicated that accomadation may be available for the Nats this year at an outdoor centre near the sailing club, lakeside. I have been in contact with the manager and have booked a room for Lizzy, Ellie & I. I have also asked of we could stay for an extra couple of days before, maybe from the wednesday, to eanble a sail before the event and a chance to rig up etc.

The manager is waiting to see if there is any other interest before commiting an answer to the extra days. To date I am the only person to book a room.

So.....if anyone is thinking of booking, maybe you should register an interest, and if you were thinking of staying a few days before, maybe they'll go with that should there be the interest.

Contact me if you need any contact details
The only canoe sailor in MY village too !

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

http://www.stuandliz.co.uk

make bow waves not chat
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

At this point I am certainly intending to be at Clywedog but as usual I can't get a crew/helm for the boat. (Merlin 111). If anyone knows of anyone who will be spare for this event please get in touch and then I can put my accommodation plans into gear!!
keithr

Post by keithr »

Hi Gary

I will put a notice on our board and also see if I can find a crew for you, but I am sure there will be spare crews available.

If any one else may be short of a crew please let me know and also if you have any spare crews in your party and I can match them up with a boat.

Keith R
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Keith
If you can find me a crew who looks like either Denise Richards, Catherine Zeta Jones, Sharon Stone, Kelly Brook I'll have her to crew in my Finn. Cheers Al
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

In a blow I'll have Dawn French every time!!
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

I'm not sure that the phrase 'in a blow' is quite right in this context :twisted:, personally I'd rather have one of Alans suggestions 'in a blow':oops:;):twisted:
The only canoe sailor in MY village too !

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

http://www.stuandliz.co.uk

make bow waves not chat
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

I think that Lenny would have something to say about that. Anyhow do they do a wetsuit in an XXXXXXXXXXXL?
Pat

Post by Pat »

I bet Ellie would have something to say about the comparisons Garry ;-)
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
keithr

Post by keithr »

I see a money making opportunity here.

When I have details of available crews I could post their details, cv, vital stats etc and auction to highest bidder!!!!!

We have a very delightful selection of enthusiastic lady members who may be willing to crew but I think they would be looking for a "Ben Ainslie" type helm( And we can't kid ourselves on that score).

Seriously though I am sure we will be able to accomadate everyones needs if not their dreams. ( we are good at clywedog but not that good)

sorry I wont be at Bristol, family committments and it is our Open day at the club on Monday and I now have the right length trapeze wires on peggie so could give a few punters an adrenaline thrill.

Keith
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Hi Keith, just realized that a spare crew who fits in a Firefly (ie small and fairly bendy...) would be great. They would have to put up with 2 different sailing styles, as Kathryn and I would then share the helming/childminding duties. Or a babysitter instead, thinking about it? Would still need agility to keep up with Charlie, but could be bigger! (than both a Firefly crew and Charlie...)
I'm waiting to hear back from the outdoor centre concerning B&B.
Rupert
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Changing name by deed poll to Ben I Ain'tslie but I don't think it's going to fool anyone.