Nationals 2012.

Chat about CVRDA events
Rupert

Re: Nationals 2012.

Post by Rupert »

Great to get some new blood! Just don't make beating us all seem too easy!

Speaking of which, saw Roger Witts (fast British Moth man) at the weekend, and he is planning on bringing a Yamaha Seahopper along to play - a very lost class!
Rupert
hollandsd

Post by hollandsd »

I dont think there will be much beating going on......unless its windy since the guy ill be sailing with is 13st plus my 13st we will be well overweight for the boat.

Plus its likely it will be our second ever outing in the boat :-P

Cheers

Dan
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Just had a nose on the N12 website for 3210... Baggy Trousers were the boats to beat last time I did a N12 Nationals, if I remember rightly. I feel old... looking forward to seeing her - and meeting you, after all the character assassination you've had on Y&Y from a certain windsurfer!

All in all, shaping up to be a cracking Nationals.
Rupert
hollandsd

Post by hollandsd »

Nah, I take Graemes comments with a pinch of salt. We have a mutual respect for each other.
I rigged the 12 this evening and it needs a load of new ropes, cleats, blocks.etc but should be OK.to go for its maiden voyage. Does anyone have any vague rig settings for a baggy? The classes measurement method is a little odd with a plum line, I just want a rake measurement an to the transom.

Cheers

Dan
billytwiglet

Post by billytwiglet »

A couple of years ago the bough beech cvrda races were won by a 'baggy trousers'
I think Brian Whitmey sold it since, still a member there, but he would know how to set it up for sure.
Merlin 36
Merlin 220
Merlin Rocket 3137
Finn K95
hollandsd

Post by hollandsd »

I think I know Brian. Just didn't know his surname. May get in contact and see what he knows.
corribee tom

Post by corribee tom »

Hi I wondered how many Moths are planning on going as should be able to get the wombat up for its first meeting as im only in Essex so not to bad a distance. Thanks Tom
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

I will be hoping to take a moth - either the magnum, or the classic, or possibly both because one could go on the roof rack.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
JimC

Post by JimC »

With a bit of luck I'll get along with a Skol. Unfortunately the poor thing will be carrying far too much weight.
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

I am also planning to take a Moth to Bough Beech, although I haven't made my mind up which one yet. It may depend on which one is the nearest to being ready or least likely to break, but either way I will be there sailing a Moth of some description.

Regards

Ian M

P.S. See also the the ongoing thread regarding a possible lowrider Mothfest.
corribee tom

Post by corribee tom »

Ah great, It will be nice having some other lowriders there, Im pretty sure I wont be able to make the 'mothfest' which is why I wanted to check about this one. Thanks tom :wink:
JB9

Post by JB9 »

I thought it would be good to have a selection of CVRDA National Championship branded kit available for purchase. For BBSC club kit we use an online company called Wave Clothing http://www.waveclothing.co.uk/club-kit who have the club logo stored and members order the items they want and pay direct to Wave.

If there is demand I could set this up for the Nationals, perhaps a hoodie (not that it will be cold of course) t shirts and polo shirts perhaps? Any thoughts?
Harrier 25
505 7163
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

The Fireflies use Wave - seems to work well.

I'd be up for getting something - maybe something for each of us. They do long sleeved shirt/smock type things too.
Rupert
Vagabond61

Post by Vagabond61 »

Is there any restriction on boats?

Hopefully will have Magda's merlin rocket ready as I started striping her with the heat gun today. (the rocket.......not Magda!!!)

If not then we could bring the osprey or the very slow Vagabond.

Cheers
Nick
Nick

Jack Holt Vagabond 61 (FOR SALE)
Merlin Rocket 2919 Hornblower (FOR SALE)
OK 1745 (FOR SALE)
Contender (Sail Number Unknown??)
Pat

Post by Pat »

If the merlin is 2191 then it's easily in as that's built 1968 or 69
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)