Are we getting the message across

and what is happening with the CVRDA today?
Mark

Post by Mark »

David, I am working on it, but am always glad of help.
RC Laser 898
Mirror 67423 Dawn Run
British Moth730 Moneybox
http://karencollyer.net
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

Brightlingsea report and results uploaded.

Anybody get any images?

Also,

I think I had, but have lost this years Baltic Wharf report.

Rupert, did you have that? Did you send it to me?

If anybody has anything for that.....do please email me and I will put up with the other stuff.

cheers

eib

ps. Like the idea of writing more stuff for the 'classes' section. this has needed to be changed for ages. If we get some stuff written, I will certainly give some thought to how best to get it up on the website. However might point out that what I could really do with is some more help with the actual nuts'n'bolts of putting it together and uploading. Just don't have quite the amount of time that I used to have. Quite happy to cover the more 'global' aspects of design, but could really do with someone preparing and uploading content. (like wot stu used to do)

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
IC GBR314 ex S51 - 1970 Slurp
MR 638 - Please come and take it away
Phelps Scull
Bathurst Whiff - looking for someone to love it
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I'll dig it out and resend it, Ed.
Rupert
Pat

Post by Pat »

I'm gradually working on some pages - nuts and bolts side - it's just been too nice weather lately! I haven't tried the ftp again yet either. I'm putting the events details pages for the rest of this year together and a new front page as a start.The classes pages will follow from there and I'll put them together as they come in.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Guys and Pat
I already produce a cat group news letter if this could be up load to the main website that would be so cool as it would reach the unconverted.
Cheers Al Why sail half a boat when you could sail a whole one.
Finn 340 Shark 41 Nacra 1879 NOD 694 Dolphin 30
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

just email it to me or Pat and we will get it up asap

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
Phelps Scull
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

Actually, send it to me as I will need to write a new menu for it.

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
Phelps Scull
Pat

Post by Pat »

I've put some minor updates on for the events section. Haven't had any input yet for classes etc. If the weather breaks and you can't get out, how about writing something?
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Peter has written a great piece for the Finn...Where is it Mr Vinton, your accolades await!
Rupert
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Rupert,
I sent it to you! I can send it to someone else if you wish.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Sorry Peter, I thought it had come to me for views before sending it onto people who understand computers! Best send it to Pat and Ed (pat@cvrda.org and ed@cvrda.org) and they can communicate as to putting it on the site. It is a fantastic document, and well worth reading by Finn and non Finn sailors alike.
Maybe Alan Price can get some ideas for an OK one from it!!!!!?
Rupert
Pat

Post by Pat »

Not pat@cvrda as I haven't done a mailbox yet! Use pat at pmj dot me dot uk (replace dot and at with symbols)
Ed
Site Admin

Post by Ed »

Sorry Pat,

thought you had a cvrda forward to your email.

will check - you should have

cheers

eib
Ed Bremner
CVRDA

Jollyboat J3
Firefly F2942
Phelps Scull
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

pat@cvrda now working!
Rupert
davidh

Post by davidh »

Hi Ed 'et al'

I'm happy to do sections on those boats I covered in the mag - I've most of the detail already so it's just a case of a re-write.

I've also got pictures that can go alongaside the text if there is the capability on the website.

To date I could do..............

Unit
Typhoon
ToY
Marauder
Ghost

I was thinking of adding in a tailpiece that included 'Rarity Value, Difficult to Restore..... suitability for sailing etc.... acceptability so that when people come to the website they get an idea as to what is a way forward.

Thoughts?

D
PS..... Spearhead!!! I met up with some old 505 colleagues t'other day and they reminded me of the 'launch' of the Spearhead. It was cardiff boat show and the weather was howling. I used the Speargead trailer to shin up a lampost to swipe the AA sign directing drivers to the Show, we had the 505 on the trailer so all set off to England together. Got to the Severn bridge, avoided the Police roadblock for trailers (storm force conditions by now) and headed out. Big gust catches the Spearhead...whoops, it's airbourne, bigger whoops, the spaceframe didn't stop it bending into a U shape around a lampost. Stop on Motorway, struggle back to poor Spearhead, it's wrecked and if somethings not done soon the 505 will join it. So 'Hike out' 505 whlie helm drives like mad on across the bridge, the 'Boys in Blue' didn't think this so funny so they take off in pursuit. Ha, a Panda car is no match for the team rondar granada estate but we spent the next hour or so in the lorry park at the Aust interchange tucked up between two French Artics..... drove home very carefully after that!

Shame really, a nice boat, nice people behind it - but a fire at the workshop that ate the moulds and the sudden death of the designer/builder and it was history. An innovative boat, if we can sort pictures and details that too should be somewhere on the site in some detail!

D
David H