2014 Nationals Tropies

and what is happening with the CVRDA today?
Julian

2014 Nationals Tropies

Post by Julian »

Hiya all

Just received two lovely trophies from Keith and Mary, from the National Rally at Clywedog. Got a couple of questions regarding them.

The first is 'CVRDA Roadford Lake Rally Fastest Boat', a brass / bronze cleat mounted on a piece of wood, I believe this was for either being 'line honours' boat, or for being winner of our boat age category. It was not engraved last year, so before I take it in, can someone inform me who won it in 2013, and I will stick them on it too.

The second is the very gorgeous wooden mast section, which I believe was for the concours category of best looking boat on the water. This has no identification at all, or any previous winners. As I have so far been too much of a tightwad to actually join the CVRDA I would like to make up for this by getting this trophy a name plate and the previous winners names on it too, so, could one of the elders of the tribe please get in touch and let me know both the trophy name, and previous winners.

Bit late to say, but Cath, Jen and myself had a great time at Clywedog, and we intend to be back there in 2015, even if we dont make it to Roadford for the Nationals.

Cheers to everyone else with epoxy stuck in their beards or hair.

Julian
Rupert

Re: 2014 Nationals Tropies

Post by Rupert »

Hi Julian

Was fantastic to meet you and your boat at Clywedog. I hope Pat will know who was Fastest Boat before you.

Traditionally, there were no prizes for the concours winners - they have appeared over the last couple of years - but there will be winners recorded in various reports over the years.

Fingers crossed I can blag a ride next time we are on the same piece of water!
Rupert
Pat

Post by Pat »

Reading back through the Nationals reports in 2013 it was one Peter Vinton with Finn 197 Django who was fastest boat on the water before handicapping. I can't find it recorded for 2012.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

I'm baffled by this, yes I won the fastest boat last year but I got the trophy plates engraved before Clywedog!
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
chris

Post by chris »

A couple of years ago we ran out of copper nail trophies so having a fair supply of lengths of old wooden masts I made the trophy. It was for whatever-we-needed at the time rather than anything too specific and I don't mind what it ends up for. I think the first time was for one of the concours but we seemed to have sorted that out earlier.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Peter you had the classic trophy too - did both get engraved? And was your fastest boat one the Roadford cleat?
It's quite possible that trophies got mixed up at a Nationals and a different one given one year and the next!
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

I had the fastest boat cleat engraved, including 2012 winner 1066 and I had the travellers Broadwoodwidger engraved. I also had the mast section last year which didn't have any names on.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
roger

Post by roger »

PeterV wrote:I had the fastest boat cleat engraved, including 2012 winner 1066 and I had the travellers Broadwoodwidger engraved. I also had the mast section last year which didn't have any names on.
Evidence here for the handicap committee methinks.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

No Roger, it just means Rupert wasn't there!
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I was there, but watched you from afar as the Minisail proved to not like either crowds or the light winds! I seem to remember that you and Ian gave a master class in lightwind small lake sailing.
Rupert