re ..introductions

Please use this area for off topic conversations and banter
fatsailor

Re: re ..introductions

Post by fatsailor »

Is there a small seat in a track ? Looks like a loiad of fun,but very wet! Seen all the videos on minisail.org all you?
trebor

Post by trebor »

The Aquabat videos are mostly me, their are a couple with other people sailing aquabat, none of minisail ones are me, mainly Dean Martin (not the singer), a couple of david and tom.
I have yet to find a way of mounting camera on Sprint (due to textured finish, suckers wont stick).
trebor

Post by trebor »

The Aquabat videos are mostly me, their are a couple with other people sailing aquabat, none of minisail ones are me, mainly Dean Martin (not the singer), a couple of david and tom.
I have yet to find a way of mounting camera on Sprint (due to textured finish, suckers wont stick).
Robert
Minisprint 4230
Tinker Traveller 160
Mirror 61147 Anastasia
http://www.aquabatdinghy.co.uk
fatsailor

Post by fatsailor »

love the aquabat capsize,was just wondering if it would turtle! could you fit a float bag to mast? very jealous of swan pool.. Welwyn lake is just a duckpond surrounded by trees, you learn to tack quickly, we can go from a beat to a dead run in seconds without changing course,
trebor

Post by trebor »

The mast on Aquabat and Minisail is 2 part, with top section being buoyant, so they tend not to invert.
Swan pool averages 9 feet, where I capsized is 16 feet, so only short masts would go over, this is deepest part of lake, there is nowhere other than edges where you can run aground.
It is not a natural lake, there are 2 Dams holding back water, originally it was a sump for water pumped out of Jubilee colliery.
The mine buildings are our clubhouse and indoor boat storage and repair bays, it is size of a large Church.
I live within walking distance, which is main reason why I sail here, it is a public park, so we can have trouble with swimmers in summer (not so bad since we spread tales on facebook about swimmers rash from microscopic snails) and fishermen :twisted:
Robert
Minisprint 4230
Tinker Traveller 160
Mirror 61147 Anastasia
fatsailor

Post by fatsailor »

We get trouble from fishermen, slinging lead shot,,catching lines with centreboards, ours is also a council lake with VERY little inflow , used to be plagued with blugreen algae, now have two artificial mini fountains to help out,its run by FINESSE and unfortunately we have to be off the water by 13:00 on race day(Saturday) unless they are running courses so have safety boat out.not allowed to sail otherwise
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

Sounds like the Christmas Elf and Safety need reining in!

Michael Brigg
trebor

Post by trebor »

We use our own safety boats, (the council used to provide safety cover full time, so you could sail anytime), sailing is all day saturdays, thursday (afternoons for pensioners) evenings and sunday when required.
The park is a country park though, not a recreation park, it is the grounds of Sandwell Hall (now long gone) the home of the Earl of Dartmouth, if you have ever got off M5 at junction 1, the main entrance to estate is now isolated in middle of island.
The council would like club to take over running of lake, but this could be a nightmare.
We have stopped fisherman using clubs gate, (they used to drive up to bank and unload their gear), they now have to walk a long way with all their gear, this has reduced numbers by about 2 thirds :D
Robert
Minisprint 4230
Tinker Traveller 160
Mirror 61147 Anastasia
fatsailor

Post by fatsailor »

That was a good plan,ours is part of welwyn leisure amenities, incorporating separate rowing lake, adjacent parkland, large carpark , cafe ,posh diining room , ,all very good for the average Jo public, but restrictive for us, very small boat park ,, with all the trees, it is quite a challenge , but its home!. And the bacon rolls are nice! :D