N2323

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
ian60

N2323

Post by ian60 »

Well she is done at last but now I have 3 boats in the garden so one (at least) of the Twelves has to go. N2323 is on Gumtree and Apollo Duck at the optimistic price of £650 (well you never know...).

Fully renovated 1965 vintage glued clinker dinghy. Full 'bare wood' renovation over last 2 years (pictures available), fully coated with 2 coats of epoxy then numerous coats of varnish. Two suits of reasonable sails, renovated Needlespar mast. Home made (but good) cover in reproofed green canvas, trolley with purpose made cradle. New buoyancy bags (not shown in pictures). Road trailer might be available. Price might be negotiable to the right home. Could deliver at cost but viewing first is essential. Boat number is N2323, both mainsails have had correct sail numbers added since photos.

More pics at https://www.flickr.com/photos/138936801 ... 2827474671
Stephen Hawkins

Re: N2323

Post by Stephen Hawkins »

Great boats. My favourite type of National 12. Fast, but still not quite let go of its 'general purpose' early roots. I.e. it is roomy, but still has a thwart in the right place and seats that can be sat on inboard, when the wind is light or you have some new/young crew.

After that, the need to win races, involved the removal of all internal furniture, along with the 4 plank construction, making it too focused for any other type of sailing - in my opinion.

I would never sell my Sparkle 2383, even though some previous owner fitted a outboard motor mounting pad and pierced the side decks for rowlocks - A step too far methinks.

Good luck

Steve
Steve Hawkins

1967 National 12 2383 "Sparkle"
ian60

Re: N2323

Post by ian60 »

Couldn't agree more - I will not be too bothered if she doesn't sell - I shall just have to rotate the boats in my sailing club berth!