Shearwater date change

Chat about CVRDA events
chris

Shearwater date change

Post by chris »

Due to a couple of clashes we are changing the date at Shearwater to the following week. The Shearwater Vintage will now be Saturday May 13th and people are welcome to stay on for some more sailing on the Sunday.

Shearwater is a small lake on the Longleat estate on the Wiltshire/Somerset border; ideal for the smaller dinghy, cats. are not allowed I'm afraid.

Please do say here if you intend to come just so that we have some idea. Last year we cancelled because people said they couldn't make it then several people later said they had wanted to come but hadn't said so !

Thank you.
bornagainmothie

Re: Shearwater date change

Post by bornagainmothie »

I am hoping to come to Shearwater this time. Will try and make a weekend of it. Possibly another couple of boats from Greensforge if we're lucky.

Cheers

Lyndon
chris

Post by chris »

Great
look forward to seeing you again.
We'll put more info up soon.
Chris
Dave Norris

Post by Dave Norris »

I would like to attend the Shearwater meeting but my boat does not entirely fit the criteria. I have a Yachting world day boat that is approx. 20m years old. It is one of the last 2 cold moulded boats to be produced and it is unlikely that there will be another of this type. Would I be accepted to race?
Dave Norris

Post by Dave Norris »

p.s its not 20m years old, even I am not that old even if I feel like it , it is approx 20
chris

Post by chris »

We really only make exceptions to our date criteria when the boat is from a defunct class that no longer caters for a particular type of boat. The YW Day Boat does have an active class association www.ywdb DOT co.uk .It would be worth joining their association and they should be able to suggest suitable events you may be interested in. Good luck.
Chris
chris

Post by chris »

13th May, not long to go.
Shearwater is a small lake on the Longleat estate. 16ft max dinghies only.

First race at 11.00 or very soon after, briefing just before. 2 afternoon races. Pub get together afterwards.
There is no official club racing on the sunday but if anyone can stay we can either have a race or boat swap-have-a-go etc.
Sandwich lunches available.
£7 entry per boat.

We can't camp at the club but if anyone wants to stay let me know and I can make suggestions, ( we have spare beds for a start).

If you can say if you are coming that would be really helpful.

From a couple of years ago:
shearwater.jpg
Pat

Shearwater event this Saturday

Post by Pat »

The forecast is looking promising with the wind coming down the lake and staying dry.
Image1.jpg
(13.82 KiB) Not downloaded yet
So who's coming to join us? There's a few club boats turning out, including 420 and Mirrors, so slow boats are very welcome and there'll be vintage Merlin, Albacore and Int 14 as well.
We do average laps so you won't be left out there after everyone else and Shearwater laps are not big anyway.
For non-sailors, there's plenty of walking and cycling in the woods around the lake or there's Longleat or visiting Bath....
Dogs are welcome - it's a favourite local dog walking place.
Get that boat out - you know it makes sense!
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
bornagainmothie

Post by bornagainmothie »

Hi Pat,

I will be there with Stockholm Sprite.

Lyndon
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

I was going to bring my phantom, but I think it's too new - old design, tin rig, but I'm not sure of the build date. It won't be pre 1985.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World