Meeting at Hykeham (Again)

Chat about CVRDA events
sam mason

Meeting at Hykeham (Again)

Post by sam mason »

I spoke to our sailing sec today on the subject of a CVRDA meeting possibly with the vintage Nationals . The proposed date would be late June early July sailed over 2 days to include HSC club racing on the Sunday. Hykeham is just south of Lincoln with its many attractions ( I was told to put that!) and easy access via the A1 A46
Who knows This injury may have been cured by then and I may get the chance to sail.
Sam
PeterV

Re: Meeting at Hykeham (Again)

Post by PeterV »

Sam, many thanks, late June would work very well or the first weekend in July, this would keep it still 2 weeks away from Roadford which is on 15/16 July. Let me know as soon as it's confirmed and we'll get it set up on the fixtures page.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Sticky Fingers

Post by Sticky Fingers »

Hi Sam

Been speaking to the lead man in all things vintage national 12s and we could support the event but only in early July as we will have our own vintage champs last week of June

Think we could get a gathering to swell numbers and help foster links across CVRDa and vintage 12 fleet

Let me know what date you go for

Thanks

Martin
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Hi Sam,
It would be great to sail at Hykeham again after all these years, I think the last time must have been team racing in Ents at Lindum SC sometime in the mid 90s.
I don't know if the dates have been confirmed yet, but from a purely selfish point of view the last weekend in June (24th/25th) would be perfect for us as we are up in Filey during the week before and could combine the two. Obviously it depends on how the dates fit with other events and whether or not June suits the majority of those wishing to attend, but just wanted to express our preference if there's still a choice to be made.

Best Regards

Ian
sam mason

Post by sam mason »

Things move on! Proposed dates are now 1&2 July 2017. On site camping available. More details nearer the time.
A happy Christmas and a peaceful new year to all
Sam
sam mason

Post by sam mason »

Now confirmed as July 1st and 2nd 2017.
A happy Christmas and a peaceful new year to all
Sam
sam mason

Post by sam mason »

Its about time I got on and did some organising.
Hykeham sail on a large disused gravel pit (100+ acres) just south of Lincoln. Road access is easy via the A1 and A46. Onsite camping is available and the water is a nice shade of blue and weed free.
Can I get a rough idea of who would like to come and what sort of format we want? I would suggest 3 races on the Saturday starting about 1130 followed by 2 races Sunday 1100 start so people can get away at a reasonable time.
There is a pub about 1/2 mile from the clubhouse where the RS300s go at feeding time or we could do a BBQ at the club. Kitchen and bar facilities will be available all day both days and the bar could be open for early arrivals on Friday evening
As Sherlock Holmes said " Give us a clue"
Sam
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Sam, the format sounds fine, I'm hoping to come with the Finn. Hopefully bringing camper van so can do anything catering wise.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Hi Sam,

Are dogs welcome and will there be space for our motorhome?
Format sounds fine and we are always up for a BBQ.

Ian and Wendy
sam mason

Post by sam mason »

Morning Ian,
Dogs are welcome providing they are more or less under control ( even mine goes to the club) There are lots of recognised walks round the pit which can be enjoyed by dogs and non sailors. No problem with motorhome
Sam
v8deanoncvrda

Post by v8deanoncvrda »

Hi all,
Pretty unlikely that I can make this date, but would love to come.
The other 'Euro' sailers are waiting for the Minisail nationals at Roadford.
Dean
International Moth Blitz 2 3958 (work in progress)
MiniSprint MK2 'Scallywag' 7000
Leader II 1133
bornagainmothie

Post by bornagainmothie »

Hi Sam,

I'm looking forward to joining you at Hykeham with Campervan and Sprite Moth.
Barbeque sounds good to me. Likely to come over Friday evening after work.
Doing my best to encourage a couple more moths too.

Cheers

Lyndon
sam mason

Post by sam mason »

Lyndon,
Good show bring as many as you can the uptake rate is not dramatic so far. I will ensure that I am there Friday evening if you give me a rough idea of what time nearer the day
Sam
Sticky Fingers

Post by Sticky Fingers »

Plan to be there in Talisman n2576. With some support from other vintage 12 this will also count as a vintage 12 event, ( accept that cvrda won't be sponsoring any n12 only trophies!!)
So if any n12 are out there and want to join please come along and join the fun
Martin
sam mason

Post by sam mason »

Lots of views and I hope interest should produce a good meeting. N.O.R published on this site. Because numbers are uncertain at the moment I am proposing a "Bring and Burn" BBQ for Saturday evening. The club will provide salad and stuff plus the BBQ thingy itself. There is an ASDA about 1 mile away if you want to get meat ect fresh on the day. Anyone coming on the Friday evening please PM me so I can arrange reception. Hopefully not too late as I turn into 3 white mice and a pumpkin at midnight! See you all soon
Sam