OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Rupert

Re: 2018 events

Post by Rupert »

Bowmoor sounds good and local for me! Great camping field, too.
Rupert
suffolkmerlin

Post by suffolkmerlin »

Hunts moving to the 8/9 is perfect as there will only be the week between it and Aldeburgh, all welcome to bring boats over from Hunts and leave them in the AYC dinghy park for the week. We could arrange a cruise up river on the Friday
keithr

Post by keithr »

Hi All

15/16th Sept good for us at Clywedog.

Keith
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Assuming that the original dates that David H mentioned for the Proctor event at Bosham are still correct then Hunts no longer clashes which might prevent a conflict of interests. It would be nice to have some CVRDA representation at Bosham and although I don’t own any Proctor designs I have sailed quite a few over the years and still have plenty of pre-Selden Proctor spars!
suffolkmerlin

Post by suffolkmerlin »

Re Aldeburgh, there will be no club racing over the weekend to clash with the classics, however we have added The Dragon Classic and Vintage Championship to the event. Thanks to Matt of Demon Yachts/Aldeburgh Boatyard, he has been able to persuade the Dragons to join us, so there should be some fantastic early wooden boats and pre 1985 plastic. This event will be over three days starting on Friday the 15th and I believe the plan is to have a long distance race around Havergate Island on the Saturday so not interfering with the other classes.
Mike ST914

Post by Mike ST914 »

Hi all,
Posting as sailing sec. for the Signet class owners association, we would love to join you at your event at Hunts S.C again, we have thoroughly enjoyed it for the last few years.
As a class, we have been wondering if it would be possible to join another event this year, preferably one that would run in a similar way to Hunts?
I welcome any suggestions and input from you all as to what would work best.
Thanks in advance,
Mike Overs

ST914 'Plop'
Pat

Post by Pat »

Mike ST914 wrote:Hi all,
Posting as sailing sec. for the Signet class owners association, we would love to join you at your event at Hunts S.C again, we have thoroughly enjoyed it for the last few years.
As a class, we have been wondering if it would be possible to join another event this year, preferably one that would run in a similar way to Hunts?
It's down to the event organisers but we'd welcome you. Hunts is typical of the CVRDA format. Clywedog (mid Wales) and Roadford (Devon/Cornwall border) are the two largest reservoirs with lots of sailing and cruising space and on-site camping and scenic areas around. And any pre-1985 SigneTs are eligible for any CVRDA events.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Mike ST914

Post by Mike ST914 »

Thanks for this, I'll contact the clubs directly to make sure they are happy. The only thing to check is that you would be happy for a couple of younger boats to be involved.
The class itself has not been altered significantly since it's conception, but we do have a couple of boats built after 1985 (mine being one at a mere 20 years old!). Hunts have always been OK with this, but I thought I'd check.

On a side note, I noticed some discussions along the Ian Proctor centenary, and as a Proctor build we would be happy to support in any way we can. Our secretary is heading up our dinghy show stand and celebrations, and I'm sure he'd be willing to explore other events too!
Thanks all,
Mike
keithr

Post by keithr »

On behalf of Clywedog we would welcome your group. Provisionally our 2018 date is 15-16 Sept but with Clywedog you can stay much longer either side of event.
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird
davidh

Post by davidh »

Some six years ago, when preparing for the Holt centenary, I made the unwise prediction that I would 'do' Proctor 2018 then retire! Well, the celebrations for the IP centenary are indeed something of a full on activity and I'm already gearing up for the Dinghy Show! As with Holt, there will be an illustrated talk so if your club has any strong links with Ian's boats - am happy to travel with it! After the Show all attention turns to the Bosham Proctor event which is rapidly shaping up to be a lot of fun for all! All this and the 505 book reaching critical mass ought to detract from my chances to sail, but with me turning my back on the Island and returning to the mainland, my plan is to get more sailing in and get back to attending classic events ( so that Sandy can shout at me, seeing he didn't buy me a pint at Baltic Wharf).

So another busy year...... but one that will see me back out afloat again AND doing sub-tasks such as covering the classic low-rider Moths.

ST914 - did you see my Y&Y post about the rebuild of the clubhouse at Netley? Once that is complete, we'd love to see you and the Miracles again, though you might have to put up with me as RO once more!! But make sure you come and chat at the dinghy show, it will be good to see you.

For the rest of you, be scared, be very scared....like Arnie in the Terminator films, "I'll be back".

Happy New Year to you all

Dougal
David H
Mike ST914

Post by Mike ST914 »

Hi Douglas,
Yes the Netley rebuild looks fantastic! Hopefully the club will thrive with shiny facilities. Such a good area to sail too.
I believe the Miracles would like to return, and the SigneTs certainly would, we have a couple of Welsh years planned, possibly followed by the lake District, but maybe a return after that.
As for the IP celebrations, if you would like any material for the stands or talks, do contact us. We certainly have pictures and historical works, including plans and building manuals that the fleet would be happy for you to use.
We will see you at the show!
Mike
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

Mike I thought you were coming to Hunts on the Sunday, as usual?

Nessa
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Mike ST914

Post by Mike ST914 »

If that's OK Vanessa we'd love to. I'm just finalising the program and will confirm Hunts.
Mike