Uffa Fox Int 14 project

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
chris

Uffa Fox Int 14 project

Post by chris »

Since we are now moving house and workshop I need to pass this project on.
It is an Uffa Fox fourteen built in 1949 no 516 one of the last to be built in the traditional way with ribs etc.. I rescued it from a sailing club where it had been abandoned for many years and they had had to eject it from their building so it had spent one winter outside ( though well wrapped up) it would not have lasted much longer. It has been inside since I collected it.
I cannot find any rot in the hull though it does need work, some ribs are broken but the skin planking looks very good. The hull shape looks good too. Someone has filled some gaps with a filler and this needs to be removed to allow for expansion. For the ribs I have found it possible to splice new pieces in rather than replace ribs in many cases and risk damaging he hull skin. A few parts such as the jib fairleads and track and the pair of tube bailers are missing. There are two rudders, one fixed and one lifting which may need adapting as I’m not sure they are original to this boat the centreboard is off a later 14.
There is a metal mast (which looks shorter perhaps off a firefly ) and one wooden boom and one Ali boom. I have a modern wooden mast that has a split luff groove that came off a merlin that I was thinking of adapting and that can go with the boat.
It did not come with any sails but have sourced some and those can go with the boat.
I have added an old trolley which is ok for moving it around the garden but is no masterpiece!
£50 for an interesting and very worthwhile project
Photos here
http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/5148465208