Baltic Wharf

Chat about CVRDA events
Pat

Baltic Wharf

Post by Pat »

Anyone else planning to go to the Baltic Wharf event?
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
PeterV

Re: Baltic Wharf

Post by PeterV »

I've had several enquirers through the events link so hopefully several more visitors.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Three Moths are going, there will be two from Greensforge and one from Bowmoor (me). Forecast at the moment suggest a decent breeze, maybe too much in the gusts and a bit of early morning mist followed by drizzle.....classic Baltic Wharf really!

Ian
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

I’ve shared the event on Facebook to the Nirrors, OKs, Miracles and any others I could think of, plus Errol Edwards put it up on the CVLSC page, so hopefully that will drum up some numbers.

Unfortunately we can’t come as I’m going powerboating. Don’t tell Nikky, but I’d rather be sailing ! :shock:
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
chris

Post by chris »

Yes we are hoping to go.
Chris and Lois
keithr

Post by keithr »

Sorry it is our Club AGm this Saturday.

Hope you have a good day.

Keith
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird
Pat

Post by Pat »

I've been asked to say that the club are planning a lunchtime presentation of local awards as a 10 year acknowledgement of the group of BWSC members that have coached youth in racing in the docks and restored several cvrda eligible boats for them. They would like our support at this presentation so please come and applaud their hard work.
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

I've just been contacted by the club:
Arrive from 0900
Briefing at 1030
First race 1100, Head of Harbour
Lunch
2 races in afternoon.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Pat

Post by Pat »

And also from the club....

A local pub, RiverCity (300 yards left up Cumberland rd, (before SS Great Britain) have offered hot meals for CRVDA sailors for a fiver ( chilli con carne with chips or rice, or Veggie soup with crusty bread ).

And more:
Briefing 10.30
Entry £10
3 races
Food for £5 believed to be book for at site or walk 5 mins not booked.

For continuing youth and adult training racing and enthusiasm 4 members of Baltic Wharf Sailing Club are to receive awards (Bristol Blue Glass Coasters) Top Achieve: Ben Palmer Top Attendee: Pete Sanders Top Supporter: Kelvin Palmer Top Sinker and Retirer: Chris Queree

CVRDA is in its 18th year at Baltic Wharf, Bristol, and the above and many others have continued to support this event, racing in the docks for old and young, allowing participation and completion, this has been supported in many forms, one of which that the above awardees have participated in is a group of youth started 10 years ago and have not only competed from both young and old in the Bristol Rally, but have restored more than 18 craft with more than half of these saved from bonfire/skip/breakers, all pre 85 boats, most designed prior to 65
Last edited by Pat on Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pat

Post by Pat »

We can't get a boat there now so won't be sailing.
The van brakes have packed up (master cylinder) and the car towing electrics gave up a while ago so we can't tow anything.
We may come along for a look but hope you all have a good sail.
loisbarlow

Post by loisbarlow »

Many thanks to the team at Baltic Wharf for another great event. Always love the ‘head of the harbour’ race. In the light wind yesterday our high rig definitely gave us an advantage. We managed to dodge the showers and the stronger blustery winds that were forecast didn’t appear! Not all were so lucky in dodging the rain!
A lovely day. Thank you.
chris

Post by chris »

And it was very good to see Stu and Liz and family at the end of the day...been far too long!
Also two people introduced themselves that are going to join in next year’s events with British Moths. I’m afraid I have forgotten their names but ‘welcome’ and we look forward to seeing you next year.