11+ afloat

share hints, tips and experiences
chris

Re: 11+ afloat

Post by chris »

Yes that seems all quite sensible and would make stepping the mast single handed quite easy.
JimC

Post by JimC »

Michael4 wrote:What did the the rowlock fittings look like? They must have been raised to allow the oar to clear the curved side tank. Nasty to look at and to sit on unless there was a clever solution.
This just about shows what was there. Nasty covers it nicely I think. Big wooden block with a brass plate on the top.
Michael4

Post by Michael4 »

Thanks, tasteful not, we are in agreement. I like having oars with me in the harbour though rarely use them. OK for getting off beaches and creeks but not much use against the tide.

Won't rush into anything but will ponder some sort of removable device that leaves the deck OK to sit on and yet raises the oars sufficiently to clear. Long rowlocks?

In the meantime a paddle and an eye on the tide will have to do.
Tideway 206
11+
Sold the 'Something bigger and plastic', it never got used.
cocoandfly

Post by cocoandfly »

She looks great Michael. If there’s anything you want measuring etc. from my 11+ do just say. Mine came with a rudder but not a tiller, so again, a spare Heron tiller has been suitably modified for now. A woodworking genius of a friend will make a proper one if sometime I can get hold of plans/dimensions.
I also appreciate seeing the forestay/jib arrangement.
Michael4

Post by Michael4 »

To clarify, the search brings up this which has plenty of detail. Looks like over 500 boats, or at lest kits.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5876&p=50187&hilit= ... kin#p50187
Tideway 206
11+
Michael4

Post by Michael4 »

I've made contact with Eric Parkin's daughter. She will look to see what she has in the way of information on the boat in the New Year.

Of course I will share.
Tideway 206
11+
witchcraft

Post by witchcraft »

Well done, what a lovely boat. I absolutely loved our 11+ (the first boat I helmed) late '70s at Ardleigh SC on the newly completed reservoir. Ours had a metal mast (IIRC) and beautiful honey coloured Dacron sails that attracted every midge on summer evenings.
Hornet K1798 Vermiscious Knid

(And RS Vareo 572 )