free parts to clear

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
chris

free parts to clear

Post by chris »

We are about move so clearing things out. All free.

ex Firely gold mast, it has spreaders and most of the rigging still. im on the wiltshire/somerset border. We are moving soon so it will be chopped up and recycled in a few weeks time.
i also have several wooden booms,
2 gold ali booms,
ex merlin gold mast (hog stepped) with no rigging .
rudder parts,
centreboards
long punting pole wooden in very nice condition
All free, 'buyer' collects..
various fittings such as bottle screws, tufnol blocks, strange things...just ask.

Im in Frome but might be able to get smaller items to an event.
wilfbishop1

Re: free parts to clear

Post by wilfbishop1 »

Hi Chris,
Have been trying to contact you over past week - I would like to take your Firefly mast please to cut down for my Duckling dinghy. I shall be driving from Bideford to Abergavenny on Friday 3rd May and could be with you late morning to collect the mast - would this work for you?
You can contact me by direct email or by phone on 01748 884888 or07508 476788.
Pls can you get back to me soonest?
Many thanks
Wilf Bishop
chris

Re: free parts to clear

Post by chris »

yes that date is OK with me . I have had another enquiry for the Firefly mast for an elderly firefly, but having just measured it i find it is not a firely mast as it is just bit taller in all measurements. being 6.6M Tot Ht. 1M to Gooseneck and 5070 to hounds. Im just waiting to hear from them.
the other mast is 6.6 long and since it does not have spreaders might give you a better, cleaner length to cut down. I am guess ing for a duckling you only need about 4M length and this one has the main halyard down the groove rather than inside so you could seal the tube and make it float which could be a good idea for a small boat.