Vintage International 14 Rally

General chat about boats
Chrisrjwood

Vintage International 14 Rally

Post by Chrisrjwood »

We are hoping to arrange a rally sometime this year for vintage international 14's.
If anyone is interested or has a vintage 14 they would like to bring along please let me know.
Chrisrjwood
Jollyboat J325 Serendipity
Rouse I14 'Brown Trousers' K1094
Kirby 7 I14 Last Chance K1120
Penultimate I14 K1337
Int 14 K391 Velocity
Uffa Fox I14 Nymph K524 (under restoration)
Trish

Re: Vintage International 14 Rally

Post by Trish »

Hi Chris,
This is a great idea and yes we are interested.
Jonathan and I are in the process of restoring Daring 201 (1929) We are hoping it might be sailable later this year but happy to bring her even if she is not ready for the water.
Our home club is Grafham and we could easily arrange to host a get together there but also happy to travel.
Thanks
Trish
Northamptonshire
Chrisrjwood

Post by Chrisrjwood »

Hi Trish, great news... I think Daring used to belown to Robert Eastham? I have Maelstrom K580 a Fairey 14 that was his, also K500 Zeus and K391 Velocity. Maelstrom although not a vintage is a classic built 1957. Zeus is a Fox ribbed 14 built 1947 and Velocity is a 1938 Wooten build.

Zeus and Maelstrom are ready to sail, Velocity needs a bit of glueing and a re-varnish.....

Grafham is only about 1 hour from me and I would be happy to meet there or at a CVRDA rally.

Happy to bring 2 boats if someone can tow one for me...
Chrisrjwood
Jollyboat J325 Serendipity
Rouse I14 'Brown Trousers' K1094
Kirby 7 I14 Last Chance K1120
Penultimate I14 K1337
Int 14 K391 Velocity
Uffa Fox I14 Nymph K524 (under restoration)
chris

Post by chris »

hallo chris
great! yes sign us up please as long as dates etc work and preferably with campervan parking.
i passed on no.516 to John M. in mid wales before we moved but there was much to do so would be surprised if it is sailing yet. he usually goes to Rickmansworth with an early moulded 14.not sure i still have contact details for him but James Vaughn will.
just down to 2 boats now, Int 14 no.483 and merlin 507.
cheers chris B
Nessa

Re: Vintage International 14 Rall

Post by Nessa »

Hi chaps, please do consider bringing your boats to the Hunts Rally on 9th and 10th May. It’s close enough to Grafham to be near enough for both of you. It can be kinder to old boats than Grafham as it’s less exposed, and it’s always a friendly, well attended vent. If I can get Agamemnon ready in time she might be available for use.

Hope to see you there. Trish I am also a Grafham member, sometimes sailing a D One, or instructing with Kimbolton School. Come and says hello.

Nessa
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Trish

Post by Trish »

Hi
Unfortunately I don't think we will make May 8th/9th.
Something late July or August would suit us. Maybe a Saturday? Grafham or Hunts?
Will look out for you Nessa - we sail a Flying Fifteen (4012) and also have a Wanderer for exploring around the coast.
Trish
davidh

Post by davidh »

Will any of you be at the Dinghy Show next weekend?

There are some ideas starting to come together that hopefully will see some of these very old 14s being seen out on the water again....

Dougal
David H
chris

Post by chris »

Rickmansworth SC have published the date of their vintage 14 event. I had been fretting it would coincide with Hunts but fortunately it is the weekend before so doubly worth the trip from deepest west wales to do both of these events.
i highly recommend the 14 event at Ricky by the way.
chris and Lois 483