What was wrong with the Mirror 14 / Marauder?

an area to discuss dinghy developments
Jack h

Re: What was wrong with the Mirror 14 / Marauder?

Post by Jack h »

Hi there. I’ve recently bought a fairly sound mirror 14 (sail number 214) but can’t find any rigging diagrams anywhere. It looks to have most sheets and bits and bobs (although can’t see any trapeze lines). Anyway if anyone has one of these and could send me clear photos or a rigging diagram (if such a thing exists) that’d be much appreciated. I’m planning on doing some maintenance over the next year so no really hurry. Any help appreciated. Located Melbourne Australia.
Last edited by Jack h on Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
——————————————
Mirror sail number 11818
Mirror 14 sail number 214
davidh

Post by davidh »

Hi - where are you based?

Fitting out was completely open, so I rigged my Marauder pretty much as my Hornet had been set up...…

I've loads of info on the M14 but am not normally on line, though I hope to be so again soon

D
David H
Jasperthedog

Post by Jasperthedog »

My first boat was a Mirror 14 after taking lessons in a miracle and there was defiantly a performance jump, especially in the light stuff. Absolutely
loved the boat and if I could find regular crew I,d have one again.

Don't know if this has been listed before bu a nice bit of filming around the 3.15 Mark.

Cheers,
Richard.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UcmtrDcI4CI
trebor

Post by trebor »

During our annual clean up we have put a Marauder in bottom boat park for disposal, composite construction.
Robert
Minisprint 4230
Tinker Traveller 160
Mirror 61147 Anastasia
http://www.aquabatdinghy.co.uk
trebor

Post by trebor »

This boat was removed from disposal area, not sure where to, but will find out, the person who messaged me, I have lost email, please re message.
Robert
Minisprint 4230
Tinker Traveller 160
Mirror 61147 Anastasia
http://www.aquabatdinghy.co.uk
dave_seer

Post by dave_seer »

Trebor, that was me... I will send you another e-mail.
mole

Post by mole »

As a foot note to my previous post.
I now own a Corby 26 racing yacht with my brother Peter.
We have Chris Turner and Paul Harrison (his M14 championship winning crew) now sailing with us at RTYC in Ramsgate.
So four ex Mirror and ex Mirror 14 sailors on a performance race yacht. We'll see if that is a step up too far!
BTW we also have my nephew Anthony on board, he is a wheelchair user and over the last 3 years we have had great fun out on the water.
I guess what I am saying is that he Mirror, along with the 14 and also the Hornet we sailed, gave us the experience to go on and enjoy new sailing experiences without the worry if we were experienced or good enough. Every boat is a learning experience