Are the sellers joking?

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Trevor C

Are the sellers joking?

Post by Trevor C »

Uffa Fox Jolly Boat - J9
Mirror - 34359
Hornet - K140

Please see http://www.justgiving.com/160miles for my charity ride to Paris in May
Garry R

Re: Are the sellers joking?

Post by Garry R »

I heard that Ben Ainslie was contemplating a bid on this item and there is no way that I am going to stand in his way. Having said that I have heard that the Finn is a very wet boat to sail ...........
davidh

Post by davidh »

even more lost for words on this one.

We'd better be careful though - someone might turn up with this, what handicap would we give to that??????

D
David H
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Boats really can have negative value, can't they!
Rupert
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

two discussion threads collide....Finns and sheds.
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
Southern377

Post by Southern377 »

And another probably not so serious crime...................

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/14-FOOT-SAILING-D ... dZViewItem
LASERTOURIST

Post by LASERTOURIST »

Back in 1960's France somebody made a cabin moth it was not a DIY job, but a manufacturer's idea, meaning a small bubble like cabin, complete with berth on a GRP moth with a very full bow, and a small moulded in "bucket" for the anchor....and a few fixtures for mooring...a "cruising" moth as indeed a "cruising" star existed somewhere in the past.
I had seen the advertising in an old copy of "Bateaux" magazine...and thought therewas none at all left...but strangely there was one carefully salvaged in a river club east of Paris and i could "admire it" in june....true you needed acrobatic skills and apocket sized girlfriend to enjoy the berth :lol:

Having said that, there are les silly conversions from dinghy to cabin boat:
The quite sucessful Maraudeur by Herbulot , with two berhs a small cabin and a tiny camping kitchen stove with an iron keel plus finn like centreboard was a conversion from a successful centreboard dinghy by he same Herbulot, the flibustier...but the Flibustier was a 16 Ft not a 12 Ft dinghy, so the conversion was more realistic
angus

Post by angus »

I saw a national 18 with a roof on on ebay recently, I thought that was pretty rough but obviously didn't compare!!!!!!!!!!
N2153, N2969, Merlin Rocket 3484, Mini Sprint
JimC

Post by JimC »

Britannia, the 1919 big beam 18footers (the "crew three deep on the guwhale" variety) owes her survival to the fact that when her owner retired from racing her he put on a half cabin and installed an engine and used her as the Club committee boat for the next umpteen years. The only other original big beam 18, Yendys, from 1925, also survived because of conversion to a motor boat...

LASERTOURIST

Post by LASERTOURIST »

Well as we say here : Faire et défaire, c'est toujours travailler ...if installing a phone booth on an old racing boat is the toll to pay for having the boat converted to a second (lacklustre but useful ) life, and escaping destruction ....
And then having the phone booth removed when the old thing has reached the status of potential national treasure...and more work put into it's conversion to former glory....
It is a great field of opportunity for DIY enthusiasts :mrgreen: