Albacore 1907

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
NeilH

Albacore 1907

Post by NeilH »

Hi,
Sadly owing to pressure of work I have decided to let my Fairey Albacore 1907 go to a new home. Her recent history is that I bought her off EBay for a song in 2003. Redecked (not particularly well) replaced some rotten wood on the underside (pretty well) and repainted , revarnished everything (slightly better), and sailed her quite a few times in 2004-2006 including at CVRDA Roadford in 2005.
Now I have discovered that there is rot in the hog behind the centreboard case - probably as a result of my learning how to rebuild her and using too much epoxy (thus making the hull stiff and cracking the hog to hull seam). I am sure that it is repairable but I know I won't have time in the next couple of years. Also the deck needs revarnishing or replacing if someone had time, with better ply. The hull itself has no rot that I can find and is as strong as ever.

There is a decent Proctor mast and boom and all new running rigging and 2 rudders. I would rerig the mast with new standing rigging. Also one set of very tired sails.
NO trolley or trailer with the boat.

So if anyone wants her, £65 to the RNLI will secure = what I paid for her in 2003!

I can deliver in Devon and Cornwall and the M5 corridor to Bristol for no cost to a genuine home. Or the boat can be collected from Tavistock , Devon.

If anyone is interested I can send some pictures, please reply to this post and we can get in touch.
Cheers

Neil
Neil