Does anyone have any info on International Moth 3564 as shown here :
http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/forum/ ... PN=1&TPN=1

Any info would be great.

Dan
Nessa

Re: International Moth 3564

Post by Nessa »

Hi Dan,

When I was researching the history of my 14 I just trawled through every internet site I could find that had anything to do with classic 14s and found stuff out pretty quickly. Class forums are good sources of info, especially here, the states, Canada and down under. You're lucky in that, like the 14s, the i moth is very much an enthusiast's boat, and there are people out there who have taken time to archive the development of the class.

I spent loads of time using google to find pictures and so on for deck layout, but to some extent how this goes is up to how you want to sail the boat; you could stick to the original layout, but the consensus in these parts seems to be that you should take advantage of the best kit to make the boat as sailable as possible.

I see that the uk i moth site has some great archive pics, and it's always worth emailing the experts because they usually love to share what they know.

As far as the MOGO goes, I still haven't found an identity for it; the nearest I have come is some pics of classic moths in the states. With regard to the sail and rig I was lucky enough to have a complete stranger on Y&Y email me and offer me the stuff. It's well worth posting up what you need in as many places as possible (especially here) because it's quite amazing what people have lying around in the backs of garages etc.

It's also a really good idea to get photos to post in places such as forums because if people can see what you're doing you'll get much more useful advice (apart from grumpf of course...)

good luck with it

Nessa/wing wang
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Brookesy

Re: International Moth 3564

Post by Brookesy »

The wings on this one look as they have been modified/butchered but other than that, it looks very similar to a Chris Eyre design 'Nervous Breakdown', there were variations on it as always, and it was a very successful design, and what I can see of the hull shape looks close to what I remember, although the sail number seems rather newer. I had an early 'Second Nervous Breakdown' in 1970, K3049,I was a lot leaner and meaner in those days, and believe me the name of the design was well chosen
GBR74 ex custodian of
GBR384 Mickey Finnale (Taylor,wood)
GBR455 Rubber Duck (Taylor, grp)
FD GBR350 Supercalifragalisticexpialidocious