Eleven Plus Sail Number 53, part restored

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
JimC

Eleven Plus Sail Number 53, part restored

Post by JimC »

I don't think I'm going to finish my Eleven Plus for years because she needs some veneer patching on the sidetanks and I can't raise the enthusiasm to do it, so if anyone is really interested... Sail number 53 (assuming correct of course) means she's a very early boat, certainly 1950s I would say.

Outside of hull has been rubbed down, tidied up, primer, undercoat and one coat of 50/50 undercoat/top coat
Many fittings have been tidied up, cleaned up and polished, none are on the boat.
original wooden mast has glue failure, but just needs regluing
alloy mast (cut down Cherub Superspar) made, ready for standing rigging
side decks need some veneer where there used to be some wood rowlock pads and water got in round them.
sails don't have holes in, but I'd want to buy new ones for racing, even CVRDA events!
road trailer (must have been an expensive one, ISTR it has nifty suspension units, non combo launching trolley rather ordinary, two (IIRC) very ratty covers, neither of which is really good for much more than keeping the sun off in the summer
decent wood foils
Photo is as arrived at my house: she's medium grayish blue now, not red.

Oh and yes, that is Plus next to PlusPlus!
Attachments
New-8.jpg
JimC

Re: Eleven Plus Sail Number 53, part restored

Post by JimC »

Sold!