Bowmoor event

Chat about CVRDA events
PeterV

Re: Bowmoor event

Post by PeterV »

Dean, I suggest you contact the club to find out.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

v8deanoncvrda wrote:Anyone know if I can drop my boat+trailer this weekend?
If someone could contact me ASAP on my mobile. 0032 499 123 672
Dean
If you discover you cannot, then you are welcome to leave them at Whitefriars. However, they have tons of boat park space, so I doubt it will be a problem.
Their website has a contacts page. Would suggest emailing John Banbrook and Rick Plummer to arrange something.
Rupert
Chrisrjwood

Post by Chrisrjwood »

Hi All,

I am planning to be at the Bowmoor meet but with the Pegasus as my current crew has abandoned me after a rather spectacular capsize in the 14 (anyone who has sailed a classic 14 and capsized in tidal waters will know what I mean!)

So I will be looking for a foolhardy crew for the peggy, or I am happy to crew for someone else.

Don't all rush at once :roll:

Chris
Chrisrjwood
Jollyboat J325 Serendipity
Rouse I14 'Brown Trousers' K1094
Kirby 7 I14 Last Chance K1120
Penultimate I14 K1337
Int 14 K391 Velocity
Uffa Fox I14 Nymph K524 (under restoration)
richardash90

Post by richardash90 »

Hi all,

I'm interested in possibly joining the Merlin Rocket fleet and was wondering whether any were planning on attending the Bowmoor regatta. If so, would you be happy for me to take a close up look at one of your boats and undoubtedly ask a million questions?

Thanks,

Rich
Pat

Post by Pat »

Rich - where are you based? If there aren't any Merlins coming to Bowmoor maybe we can put you in touch with some nearby.
We were going to bring Squirrel (MR 235) to Bowmoor but when we got her out of hibernation, we found that an old split in a plank has opened right up and I can see daylight through it for much of the length. Always the unexpected with old boats!
P1020400_1 (2).JPG
(65.01 KiB) Not downloaded yet
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

I am planning to be at Bowmoor Sailing Club by late morning tomorrow (Friday) and should have access to keys for the entrance gate and clubhouse. Hopefully I will be there before anyone who is planning to arrive during the day ( I believe the Minisail gang are hoping to have a training session) so I can let people in. Looks like we are in for a decent bit of breeze for a change so looking forward to a good weekend.
Cheers
Ian
chris

Post by chris »

We are planning to arrive Saturday morning ...and camping sat night.
Chris and Lois
keithr

Post by keithr »

David and I will be arriving late afternoon Friday.

Keith
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird
Pat

Post by Pat »

Arriving Friday pm or Saturday depending on how quickly we get the van repacked from empty and the boat cleaned and packed.
trebor

Post by trebor »

Brilliant weekend, would like to thank Ian for organising event and Bowmoor for a great weekend.
Good sailing and a good social.
Sailing was definitely a spectator sport today, boats down all over the lake, very exciting from the terrace, David and Keith's Pegasus retired with the transom just below the surface, their then followed a series of retirees from Minisails and CVRDA contingent, Rupert had a rare mechanical failure when his dagger board snapped, it's been that kind of day.
Robert
Minisprint 4230
Tinker Traveller 160
Mirror 61147 Anastasia
http://www.aquabatdinghy.co.uk
Pat

Post by Pat »

Results and my write-up now on the main website http://www.cvrda.org/bowmoor-2018/
Other memories to add to mine very welcome.
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

A big thank you to Bowmoor SC and to Tom and Sam in particular who went out of their way to make us all feel welcome during the weekend. I hope everyone who came enjoyed it as much as we did and that this event can become an annual fixture in the future. Thanks also to Pat for sorting out the results and writing the report. It’s a shame that yesterday’s forecast proved scarily accurate resulting in some early retirements and gear failures due to the blustery conditions. It was great to see a good number of minisails gathered together including two who came all the way from the Netherlands. Dean also came over from Belgium having pre positioned his boats, but for some reason failed to get either of them off the trailer? He did, however, borrow a boat on Sunday morning and was later seen in the rescue boat picking up floating wreckage! The racing was closely contested as ever and the overall victory could have gone any of three ways before the vicious gusts took their toll in the last race.
Sorry we won’t be at Banbury next weekend, but hoping it will be a great success and we look forward to hearing about it in due course.

Ian and Wendy