Laser 2 - Lost Class

General chat about boats
Nessa

Laser 2 - Lost Class

Post by Nessa »

I have been fiddling with a Laser 2 whilst working at another club. I remember learning to crew in one a good while ago, it is a decent boat but so far as I know no longer has a class structure. Would it now count as a lost class and be welcome at our events?
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
neil
Site Admin

Re: Laser 2 - Lost Class

Post by neil »

The defintion of the Lost Class is
A big interest of all of us at the cvrda is in those often strange and weird classes of dinghy, that were drawn up by excited designers full of optimism but never became established with the fickle sailing community.

Sometimes it was because they just weren’t very good, sometimes because they were way ahead of their times or a bit weird or scary.

However many of them are very interesting boats and important parts and stages of the evolution of dinghy design.

The cvrda is delighted of course to help and race with all these boats designed before 1965….but we are also, always interested in any of these boats, whatever their age, even if they are only a few years old.
Does the Laser 2 meet this requirement, do we need to revisit what we mean by Lost Classes?

Is their CA defunct - https://www.laser2sailing.org.uk/
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
JimC

Re: Laser 2 - Lost Class

Post by JimC »

The Laser II is still a registered ISAF International class. I scarcely think that's quite what we are there for. Add the Laser 2 and you also need to add the ISO, Spice, the ghastly Boss, the dreadful Laser 5 tonner, all that lot...