Classic Finn Travellers 2019

General chat about boats
PeterV

Classic Finn Travellers 2019

Post by PeterV »

The British Finn Association are sponsoring a new travellers series for Classic Finns in 2019. All the events will be held in sheltered waters and will include both BFA and CVRDA events. A new perpetual trophy will be awarded together with a cash prize towards entry at a European or Worlds event in the appropriate age category.

The events will be:
BFA open at Bosham 11/12 May
CVRDA rally at Clywedog 25/26 May
CVRDA National Rally at Roadford 24-26 August
BFA Inlands at Oxford 21/22 September

Similar to the main BFA travellers where the Nationals are non-discardable, the Inlands will again be the Classic Finn Nationals and cannot be discarded. 3 events will count and the results will be extracted from the classic Finn fleet within the organisers published results ( so for CVRDA events these will be the handicap results). Full details are on the notice at the members section of the BFA website under documents.

I hope this will encourage more Classic Finn owners to prioritise these events and join in the fun!
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Nessa

Re: Classic Finn Travellers 2019

Post by Nessa »

I can’t go to Bosham - working. I could possibly come to Clywedog if I can find a dog minder - Nikky is at a wedding. I will bring the Finn to Roadford if it is good Finn weather for me, otherwise happy to bring it for someone else. Oxford is possible but will be weather and work dependent. I rejoined the BFA this year. There are three other Classic Finns at Hunts. One will sail if he can fix his centreboard, not sure about the other two.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

We had 3 Faireys at Bosham (the boats, not the helms) and had two wonderful days of good breeze, non stop sunshine and courses which took us up and down lots of creeks in the harbour. All the other boats were Devotis but we weren't last and enjoyed really good racing among the fleet. Looking forward to Clywedog now for the next travellers event.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

The next event in the Travellers series is the anniversary event at Roadford. We've had very good numbers of classic Finns sailing at Roadford in previous years so it would be really good to see a good turnout this year. If you know of anyone who's pondering, please encourage them to come and tell them what a great place to sail it is, with a very friendly and helpful bunch of people!
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

This makes my ‘which boat to take’ debate even tougher.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World