Jollyboat Equipment - 1950's? trailer, cotton sails, Reynolds mast, boom

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
gbr1084

Jollyboat Equipment - 1950's? trailer, cotton sails, Reynolds mast, boom

Post by gbr1084 »

[img][
DSCF0735.JPG
/img]

Prompted by an likely trip south to the Hampshire / Sussex area with an empty tempest trailer, on which the Jollyboat trailer (which is roadworthy - just torture to tow empty) could get a lift on. All of the below acquired with Jollyboats in the EISCA auction in 2017.

Trailer - I've repaired the mudguard that was loose in the boat when I picked it up. The trailer looks 1950's to me, as I've only seen this style of trailer with very early GP14's, complete with the rotating front support to help transfer the boat to a trolley. Tyres look as though they are comparatively recent - presumably added whenever the Jollyboat was moved to Eyemouth? There is a little noise from the bearings. Tows fine on the road at 30 empty, but any faster, empty and the vibration starts. Surface rust only.

Cotton Sails - Came with J71 in the same auction - Mainsail, Genoa, and Large Genoa in good condition. The family that owned J71 upgraded early on, to terylene sails.

Reynolds Mast - complete mast with wooden top. Not been used for decades.

Original boom - I've separated the reefing winch from the boat too, but its well seized and would need work.

(NO Jollyboats included, or available. I have checked with the museum in Cowes, and their Jollyboat is complete. As J43,71,335 are being selectively modernised, but staying in class, the above equipment is surplus. )

No prices as such - good home propositions hoped for.
International Tempest x5 1969,71,72,91 & 2008
Jollyboats J43 & J332
Wooden Wayfarer
Streaker 125
gbr1084

Re: Jollyboat Equipment - 1950's? trailer, cotton sails, Reynolds mast, boom

Post by gbr1084 »

Home found for sails and spars!
International Tempest x5 1969,71,72,91 & 2008
Jollyboats J43 & J332
Wooden Wayfarer
Streaker 125