Clywedog National Rally/AGM 26th -m 29thAug

Chat about CVRDA events
keithr

Clywedog National Rally/AGM 26th -m 29thAug

Post by keithr »

Hi everyone.

Just a quick reminder of the 2023 Nationals at Clywedog.

As usual can you let me know if you are coming, when, type of accom (tent/Camper)?.

Access from Thurs by arrangement and welcome to stay longer.

Lots of water this year tide has come in over 4metres in Jul so near the top.

Very Draft Programme.

Sat Registration/shakedown sail in the afternoon.
Catering Open from Mid-morning snacks/drinks

Barbecue in the evening with pudding/cakes.

Sun 3 x Races, concours?, AGM.

Galley Open from 10:00 lunch to order possibly,

Pm. Hot Meal and pudding/cakes.

Mon Final 2 races back to back.

Lunch/Prizegiving the chill time.

Vegetarian option available for evening meals.

Bring your own beer this year.

Keith
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird
Sam G15

Re: Clywedog National Rally/AGM 26th -m 29thAug

Post by Sam G15 »

Hi Keith, Kirsten and I will be there, with a shabby 505 this year, we'll turn up Saturday lunchtime ish....
Need space for the touran and roof tent again.

Cheers
TimBury

Post by TimBury »

Hi Keith,
Pat and I are planning on coming with Merlin 1066, should arrive Saturday morning and need space for 1 tent for Saturday and Sunday nights.
We've got our Vintage open at Banbury this Saturday if you should be able to come, if not we'll look forward to seeing you on the 26th.

Tim Bury.
loisbarlow

Post by loisbarlow »

Lois and Chris plus Spriteful (MR 507) Chris will be sailing with Amy as I am no longer sailing - decided to call it a day! We will bring our van arriving on Saturday but may be staying B&B if I can book one. Amy and Jen will be in their van camping. Probably leaving on Monday.
Better get on with those accounts for the AGM!
Lois
Pat

Post by Pat »

Hi Keith, Could we have a couple of proper series races on Saturday afternoon please? There are several people who can't stay for Monday so I'd like to get a decent number of races in, then maybe we could do a longer pursuit on Monday or two races back to back.

Looking forward to coming to Clywedog again and bring your own beer noted.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Jon Rawson

Post by Jon Rawson »

Hello Keith,
I am hoping to be there. Plan to arrive on Friday and leave on Monday. Just me, the camper van, and YW Dayboat.
Best regards,
Jon
chris

Post by chris »

Hallo Keith,
As Lois suggested we are going to B and B in Llanidloes as we we have too many aches and pains to sleep in the smaller camper we now have…but we need it to tow the boat. Amy and I are going to sail and she will be camper banning.
We’ll arrive sometime Saturday.
Chris B
chris

Post by chris »

Ps just gluing a plank that split on Spritefull last year at Clywedog and yes she has not been in the water since then🙁 Chris
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Hi Keith,
I am aiming to arrive on Friday sometime early to mid afternoon in the motorhome towing the Shelley Moth. I will be on my own this year as we don't think Baxter can cope with the hilly walks anymore. Looking forward to being able to launch without getting knee deep in the mud this time! See you there.
Regards
Ian
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

I’m sorry but we’re not going to get there this year, we hope you all have a good time.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
loisbarlow

Post by loisbarlow »

Fantastic event as always put on by the ‘A’ team at Clywedog.
A great turn out of boats and weather suitable racing on all three days! Plenty of water in the LLyn.
Everyone so warm and friendly and the gentle rivalry of the racing being happy and in excellent spirit.
Well done (Bendigedig) to all concerned, shore crew, race crew and sailors.

Thank you to Keith for masterminding the event. Great to see old faces and some new ones too.

Lois
Pat

Post by Pat »

Yes great weekend, really friendly and a lovely variety of classes.
Great work by Keith and Team Clywedog including RO Paul, assistant Tracey and safety boat crews, Nick onshore and Maggie and her helpers in the galley.

Wingnut awared to Clywedog sailors Richard and Mark who, after submarining the Enterprise, decided to use a Gull and were launching it and wondering why it wasn't coming off the trolley and were pulling and pushing it then finally realised that a large orange strap was holding it tied to the trolley!.
Alan P.

Post by Alan P. »

Oh how I wish I was there!. And I don't mean that just to have witnessed the worthy winners of the Wingnut. Clywedog has some very fond memories for me and this year was going to be the venue of the National Rally so some months ago I checked out ferries but it was just too prohibitively expensive. No such thing as reasonably priced ferry crossings in July and August.
I've been living here for 11 years now and the only thing British I can truly say I miss is the dinghy sailing scene and particularly sailing with the good folk of CVRDA. Oh, and I miss British Ale.

Best wishes to all. You lucky people.
OK 1211 Peter Crew wood 1968
Gull 2892 Hartley MK6 Plastic 2014
Streaker 1582. Home built. Wood 2005
Pat

Post by Pat »

Shame about that Alan, we'd like to see you again. We save Tesco vouchers to pay for tunnel crossings though they've dropped the conversion rate again this year. Next year will be the 25th anniversay so maybe a better year to come over or maybe we can get to a French event.
Alan P.

Post by Alan P. »

Nice of you to say that Pat. My best wishes to Sandy. Many people I know ( and one or two boats!) on the results list so I will keep a close eye on here for the 2024 events , especially any 25th anniversary bash. Would be great to meet up again. I don't actually belong to a club so I'm not in a position to organize an event.
Unfortunately Tesco do not have a presence in France although,strangely enough, they are everywhere in Hungary. I've no need to come over to the UK these days so ferries are getting quite a rare event for me. Only when I'm shopping for an OK, Gull or Streaker it seems.

Keith, you may remember my Mum when her and Dad where members at Clywedog for a short time many years ago. Well she is no longer with us. She died at the grand age of 88, just after New Year. Although a non sailor, she loved the club as much as Dad did. Time marches on.
OK 1211 Peter Crew wood 1968
Gull 2892 Hartley MK6 Plastic 2014
Streaker 1582. Home built. Wood 2005