A funny thing happen on the way to Safeways

an area to discuss dinghy developments
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Guys
Just thought I would tell you a story about what happens when you decide to just drop into a boatyard on the way to do the weekly shopping. Last Saturday Seonaidh and I decided to do the weeky shopping. I had heard a rumour that the local boatyard had a classic hull for sale, thought I'd have a look. It was a Dolphin hull only, no equipment at all, but it was number 30 last one built. This boat until Gazelle was rebuilt/altered was the fastest boat in the fleet. We still have all the gear from Cambrian ( writen off) the first built. Well strike alight I did not even have to mention to Seonaidh that after going over the hull and finding it basically sound, with a new plate case and that it had been redecked before being left. That I thought it worth buying. Seonaidh had already completed the the deal at a next to nothing price. So the Williams family now have a new project to keep us busy all winter. The hull will have to have all the screws replaced as they have dezincified, the gunnels replaced, and a new rudder and shaft welded up. But apart from that there's not alot to do (who am I kidding. If Mark Jones reads this how do I go about contacting Reg's daughter to arrange to borrow the trailer?

Cheers Al