CVRDA Photo Gallery

CVRDA images

Most viewed - N18 Sibrwd
248 viewsReady for the cockpit sole to be painted. The large square hatches lead to sealed watertight compartments either side of the centreplate case. There are six watertight compartments in all, each separate from one another. The sole is approximately 3” above the w/line when loaded up. Most water will drain via holes in the transom, but a set of Andersen bailers are sited in wells either side for when it gets a bit wet. The box section into which the mast foot slots in can be seen under the foredeck. I put in a mast ram to adjust the rake of the mast slightly. It operates through a hole in the box.
244 viewsSurprise’s rig. Sibrwd’s will be pretty much identical.
241 views‘space frame’ to carry the loads from the unstayed mast and support the foredeck
233 viewsCockpit sole painted with 3 coats Blakes non slip deck paint, and ready to start thinking about bolting and screwing things down. This where we’re at as of the beginning of December 2013, only 5 years into the project!
226 viewsThe mast socket, up in the eyes of the boat.
222 viewscockpit coaming offered up prior to screw and glue. I know - not enough clamps! I put on a load more after this photo was taken.
221 viewsAnother shot of the foredeck/mast support arrangement. The plastic tube was a trial fit to make sure I got the rake right. I did toy with glassing it to produce a cone, but went for a wooden box section instead
218 viewsClamping up the port side cockpit coaming. Yes I know – not enough of them
195 viewsSibrwd ensconsed, ready to start
193 viewsArgh! Mulch and rot aplenty
191 viewsCockpit sole going in 6mm ply epoxy sealed on 2”x1” Douglas Fir stringers on 9mm ply floors/ bulkheads. 2” x 1” DF inner and outer whales glued down and through screwed from the inside. The fibre glass bulkhead was the only internal structure, other than the centreplate box to survive the takedown.
189 viewsHow we found the boat. Looks ok. She wasn’t.
15 files on 2 page(s) 1