Bowmoor 2023

Chat about CVRDA events
Post Reply
Spiderman
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:25 pm

Bowmoor 2023

Post by Spiderman »

Hello everyone,

First let me apologise for not posting something about the Bowmoor event on the forum earlier, but it completely slipped my mind after I had posted details on Facebook. Anyway, hopefully it's not too late to get the message out to those who don't already know the details.
The format will be similar to previous years and it is intended to have 3 races on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. Camping on site on the large grassed area is permitted for tents, caravans and motorhomes at the cost of £5 per unit per night and toilets/ showers will be accessible throughout the weekend. For those wishing to arrive on Friday there will be someone there to let you in through the barrier from lunchtime onwards. The galley will be manned both days and the well stocked bar will be open in the evenings. There will be a registration desk in the clubhouse from 09:30 on the Saturday morning for all competitors even if you have entered online. This is to gather data on each boat for handicapping purposes as well as to complete declaration forms and pick up a set of SI's if required. After registration it is advisable to go straight to the galley and order lunch( if required) in order to reduce waiting times when we come in after the first race. The club would prefer people to pre-enter online if possible so they have a better idea of numbers, however, it will still be possible to enter on the day if you make a late decision to attend.
There will be a briefing at 11:00 on Saturday and the first warning signals will be at 11:25 on Saturday and 09:55 on Sunday.
The Notice of Race is now on the Bowmoor website https://bowmoor.com/ under Racing- open meetings- events and it should be possible to enter online. Hope to see you there.

Ian
Spiderman
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:25 pm

Re: Bowmoor 2023

Post by Spiderman »

Much as I hate to be the harbinger of doom the weather forecast for the coming weekend is not looking too favourable with both days showing a wind range of 16 to 26 mph on Saturday and 16 to 33 mph on Sunday during the times we plan to be out racing. I think most people and boats will probably cope If the wind is mainly at the lower end of the range, however, I am not so confident if there are frequent gusts nearer the upper figure?
I have been following various forecasts throughout the week in the hope that things might change, but although there has been some variation from day to day the strength in the gusts has stayed consistently in the mid-20s whichever forecast I have used.
The club are still happy to run the event in the likely conditions provided that enough competitors are still willing to travel on the off chance that it might be better than expected and we can get some sensible racing in.
Tomorrow morning is probably the latest we can make a decision on whether or not to go ahead with the event, but in order to help us decide it would be useful to get some feedback from those who are planning to attend.
Please have a look at the forecast yourselves and then let us know if you would still come anyway or that you are likely to decide not to bother after all?

Ian
Post Reply